Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
thats cool id love to show anyone the car.

I got it running better today, i ran out of gas so i put 2 gallons in it, new fuel filter, new cap and rotor, i had the timing off couldnt remember the firing order, but i fixed it today 1342, it ran good, im still wanting on my oil drain parts so couldnt run it long oil was going on the floor, and i dont have any coolant lines hooked up, its next on my list. but i got a digi camera, so ill take a video either tomorrow or this weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I got my oil drain on, i got a video of it running, im not very good at wiring so i have to get one of my friends to help me with the final wiring of it. next im going to finish the coolant system but i cant find one coolant pipe so i have to see if i can find one at the junkyard or weld a nipple onto the lower radiator pipe.

I have a zip tie in the AFM box so that it thinks that the engine is pulling in air, which is why its running rich.

F2T Corolla running

Oil line I ordered off ebay, that Stainless steel is not easy to cut through

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
If it's a rubber hose you need, you may be able to find a random one at the parts store which is in roughly the right angles for you. Measure the ports and go to the parts store and look through their hoses.

Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
its the hard line that goes into the back of the coolant pipe that bolts right beside the water pump. easy to find at the junkyard, or I was just going to tap it and thread a nipple into it, and then weld it shut. but I think im just going to get another pipe from the junkyard.

I am going megasquirt once i have the driveshaft, and more of the car complete, intake blah blah blah, money is holding me up, ive taken about 2 or 3 weeks off of work off and on, my line at work hasnt been running, i couldnt have worked on other lines but i wanted some time off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yeah I got a coolant pipe, I will have a new O-ring for it tomorrow in the mail and I am going to try to have the coolant finished by sunday and running for more than 20 seconds at a time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yeah it sucks, work is all over the place right now, im trying to move into a new position at work it can pay 3.2-5.2 more dollars per hour and is salary with overtime I was told which im not sure how that works. but it will be less physically demanding. I currently work at Snyders-Lance in Charlotte, nc as a mechanic and it can get rather old, I make ok money but the scheduling is a nightmare im supposed to work 1st shift 3 days mon,tue,wed, then night shift thurs, fri, and im lucky if i get the weekend off. and the car isnt at my house so its a chore to find time to go work on it.

there are some thing im not happy with about the car but I just want to get it driving then i can address those issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Update: If my girlfriend doesnt take her camera to florida I will get a longer video. I have all the coolant pipes done, I have a water temp gauge in the mail, that im putting in friday, and installing a electric fan, wiring is still rigged up but thats ok. I have some ghetto piping between the throttle body and maf because im waiting on my intercooler piping to come in. Its coming together Ill be driving within 2 months I hope. I got a new job at work in a different plant, we have 3. it pays 2.00 dollars more so thats good.

sold my pathfinder and got this, 98 tercel 5spd 130,000 miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
So I have the car running right now with the MAF or air flow meter box connected to the throttlebody, and the car idles extremly high, no tach but sounds maybe like 2000, hard to tell. Keep in mine that this engine is in a corolla, and im only using the wiring harness from the engine and im lacking certain sensors, like I believe the IAT that goes in the air box to convert air temperature into an electrical signal, no clue about that, I currently dont have the O2 sensor pluged up either, no exhaust pipe. and i believe its the CHTS cylinder head temp sensor beside the thermostat, its not plugged up, cant find the plug in for it, maybe its on another harness?

I pulled the idle air control valve off and im going to put a solid paper gasket in it and see if it brings the idle down. Its pulling 20-18 vacuum, all vacuum ports are pluged off, and the FPR is pluged into the intake manifold and has good vacuum

going to do some more research, also i need to check my ignition timing

and I dont believe I can check engine codes because its not in a MX6 haha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Blocked off the IAC valve next to the throttlebody, and I had it idling at 500 rpm. Im going Megasquirt anyway so im not worried about it, I was scared I had a leak between the upper and lower intake where I have the adaptor plate.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
did u just use an extra gasket between the plate and the manifold? that's what i had planned but wasn't sure if it'd cause problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I just pulled the IAC off and I just put solid gasket paper material between the manifold and the IAC. Did not have any aluminum plate to make a block off plate, Once I have a block off plate ill use the oem gasket and a solid plate to block it off.

This has been stealing my time and money away from the corolla. It will be running after the 16th, I gotta replace the engine, the stocker through a timing belt.

87 2 door 4x4 5spd v6 pathfinder

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Even running MS, you'll be better off with an IAC than not. Engines just run better at a slightly higher idle when cold.

Did I miss why you want to get rid of it entirely?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
well at the moment im not really running any sensors so the ecu isnt getting what it needs so it idles super high with the IAC, I didnt run one on my 300zx, I had it idled around 800-900 and never had an issue, but if i have issues I can always put it back on. I just really have it wired up to make sure the engine is good, I dont want to put more money in a car with a bad engine, but it seems to be fine revs fine, seems to be fine.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts