Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 626 GT with a rusty body and I'm looking to get a 88 626 LX. Would it be difficult to swap the F2T motor into the LX? I'll have both car at my fingertips. I've looked at the other thread about turboing DX/LX but that has no info about swapping the motor into a DX/LX chasis. ALL help/info is GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I have a 89 626 GT with a rusty body and I'm looking to get a 88 626 LX. Would it be difficult to swap the F2T motor into the LX? I'll have both car at my fingertips. I've looked at the other thread about turboing DX/LX but that has no info about swapping the motor into a DX/LX chasis. ALL help/info is GREATLY appreciated!
just swap the motor ,engine harness and ecu. easiest swap

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
well this is not neccessary, he can just keep the n/a drivetrain and axle.
Yes he can keep the weaker G type trans instead of the stronger H type and he can keep the smaller N/A clutch and weaker N/A half shafts with fewer splines.

But why?

It's all there for the taking. Dont forget the disc rears. It's a lot of swappage but theres nothing really dificult about it. Just remember the details like the 4 wheel disc specific prop valve, that the turbo axels will need the turbo spindles or atleast the hub and even though it'll drive the cost up quite a bit it'll be the best time to replace every wear item on the car.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Can't forget the sway bars as well.

Yes he can keep the weaker G type trans instead of the stronger H type and he can keep the smaller N/A clutch and weaker N/A half shafts with fewer splines.

But why?

It's all there for the taking. Dont forget the disc rears. It's a lot of swappage but theres nothing really dificult about it. Just remember the details like the 4 wheel disc specific prop valve, that the turbo axels will need the turbo spindles or atleast the hub and even though it'll drive the cost up quite a bit it'll be the best time to replace every wear item on the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the GT transmission is acting up. hard to get into 3rd and 5th gear so i might go with the NA transmission or try to fix it. shiftgate or syncros??

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
shiftgate. Crack it open. They are worth it to fix :)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Can't forget the sway bars as well.
Or the adjustable strut system if it's equiped and if the OP wants to buy new stock struts.

I hear they work very well when new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts