Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this email... thought I would post it, incase anyone was interested.

Outlaw Engineering has heard the Probe/MX6 community and is ready to ship the
production ThermoBlok kit for the F2/F2T 2.2L motor. We have also listened to
your great comments and have adjusted the kit accordingly.

Some asked about the need for gaskets, so we have added these to the kit. These will be made from high quality AF gasket material and cut to match the ThermoBloks EXACTLY.

The kit will consist of the following:

*ThermoBlok Intake Spacer
*ThermoBlok Throttle Body Spacer
*ThermoBlok Plenum Spacer
*ThermoBlok IAC Valve Spacer
*Gaskets
*All necessary installation hardware including lengthened studs and bolts
*Adapter for bypassing TB coolant
*EGR Block-off caps
*Detailed installation instructions
*Outlaw Engineering decals

Kit pricing is $115.00 + $6.00 for S&H, but the first 20 orders get a $10
introductory discount.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Good Job, its so good that a company finaly recqunized the need for aftermarket support for the 1st gen mx-6 GT and NA. Im in as soon as I can get the cash, (Tired of browing a dollor for gas to start my MX-6'o) lol it didn't come out like I wanted it to sound...lol. (think Slim Shady)...yeah I know its not funny I sounding more and more dumb the more I type so Im going to stop now.

Methman

PS: $115 is a pretty good deal for all of that stuff, mabey you should consider getting a custom copper gasket made and then mass produce them and include those in the kit...just an idea. Im sure that Headgasket you got in the kit now is just fine and is still better than stock.
Actually don't include a copper headgasket in the kit...because I'm going to do that Idea. I'll get one made by a machine shop, then take it to a place when they can give me a deal on making a pile of them. Then I'll sell them individualy at decent retail price, where the customer is happy and I make a bit...quote I said a "bit" of profit.
PM me if you want to talk about or if you have any questions about the copper headgaskets, as I don't want to be the cause of this thread getting hijack!

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Methman,

You can do what you want with this thread. I actually emailed this company a few months back when I was thinking about just sticking with the F2T. Unfortunately, a FE DOHC came up for sale so I bought that. So I really have no intention on getting this, unless they have a FE version, which I haven't looked yet.

Anyway, if someone does get it. It would be interesting.

Tripharn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts