Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that this would likely be the most effective cold air intake for our cars. I have seen a few pics of this sort of thing on some probes.

Any one have any ideas as to what you would require as far as
materials, and of course how feasible this actually is?

whatchya think????

Cheers!
;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's what I've been wanting to do for a while. Since there's a little rust damage on the inside, I don't mind cutting holes in it. I wanted to install one just off to the side, above the cone filter. Problem is, I've looked everywhere, and haven't been able to find a scoop that I like.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It can be done fairly cost effective, if you choose to just get one bolted onto the hood and painted seperately rather than having it painted and moulded onto the hood... I got quoted about 200 bucks... Canadian..... Be warned however that if you are in a climate where your car will be experiencing great temp changes that it will crack...... eventually. somethin to think about... and as for styles to look for..... Im doing a dual scoop off of a 60's or 70's muscle car..... they had some nice scoops back then..... just look on Ebay...... Theyre not too big... and are very functional..

Just my 2 cents........

Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have been wanting to do something like this for a while now. but instead of doing it for performance i was wanting to do it more along the lines for looks with a ss hood scoop. does anyone know where to find just the scoop add on . i am wanting to just buy this and than go to a shop to have it painted and molded on.

125 Posts
I had this done for cosmetic reasons... i molded an 1980 Z28 hood scoop... I have a really good body guy. the hood scoop was 80$ from jcwhitney and my body guy charged me about that for molding it...my guy was really good to me though (he's a friend).
considering that the hood scoop was 48" long and our hood is 44" if i remember...plus the fact that the scoop was meant for a flat hood and ours is very steep....I am considering opening it up but every one recommends against it because of rain....I live in central FL very rainny....if i figure out a way i'l let u know...

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
ram hood

Hey yall,
I guess thatone option would be that Erbuni makes a custom hood that has a functional reverse scoop.Check out www.spoilers.com tehy run ??$500?? i think?Check it out

·
Registered
299 Posts
ive heard the ERebuni one doesnt fit...... and thats a lotta cash..... about 750 Canadian fo rme plus paint and install..... compared to like 200 installed for a hood scoop... for the cash, once again im gonna thumb my nose at Erebuni thanks.....

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts