Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the factory adjustable shocks. They still work but was considering replacing them. To put the originals back on it would cost 189.00 per shock. That's ridiculous. What is a recommended replacment for these shocks? Help me out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ADJUSTABLE STRUTS

I have to agree with Manifest on the struts. I just got done ordering 4 new struts form Ford parts network. They cost $63.99 each. and these are the part numbers: AM 97-G (rear's)
AM 151-G (right front)
AM 158-G (left front)
hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey foxm1979 and manifest thanks for the real deal on the adjustable shocks. I'm still waiting to find out what the outcome is coming to be on the hood and body kit is going to be. However eventually I want to lower my car. I do like the adj. shocks. Is there any way to keep the adj. shocks and lower my car and get good handling?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I recommend Eibach springs for lowering they don't drop it much but just enough to ditch the Outback look. Plus you don't have to get camber shimms and crap. They just drop in and then in 3 weeks you get it aligned thats it! If you go with the 2" drop springs you will have to get camber adjusters for like $90ea and you will need two of them!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the eibachs you mentioned, how mucn of a drop did you get? how well does your car handle?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Eibach Pro Kit drops the front 1.3" and the rear 1.0"

Get the Addco enlinks with the Eibachs and it will handle pretty nicely. They are progessive rate springs so they are not super stiff. Nice ride quality. If you want an idea of what the car will look like with stock wheels and tire size then you can check my car out: (not the best pics but will give an idea)

http://www.stealthlunchbox.com/thumbs.html

Because my tire sidewalls and tread type are not the greatest it is easy to produce tire squealing around long curves but the car never gives you an out of control feeling. 16" wheels and 50 sidewall "H" tires would probably fix that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2rusty
I noticed you have tokico blue struts instead of fac. adjustables or are the tokicos adjustable. Also noticed strut tower bar, does it make an enormous difference and do you have one for the rear strut tower. Your car is very nice and clean. Mine use to be the same color but paint was too faded. By the way the MX-6 in your photos with the kit, what type of kit was that? Best looking kit I have seen for our cars.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The Tokico blues are not adjustable. Needless to say the AAS has been disabled on my car. They give a moderate performance increase over stock AAS. Koni makes adjustables for us.

The Corksport bar is probably the best design I've seen for our cars. I also have the factory bar in the rear. I'm not sure what performance increase it gave because I did what you are not supposed to do and that is install all kinds of suspension upgrades all at the same time. I do believe it has helped steering response. Now that I think of it, it probably has a little to do with my tires sliding a bit on long curves that I mentioned before. Maybe you could ask Manifest because I think he installed the bar before his springs.

:eek: To be honest, I forgot where that body kit comes from. It is similar to the Erebuni kit though. It may have been something from an independent maker. I'm sure there is a thread on it somewhere in the 1st gen section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts