Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres my situation, I havent had locking doors for about a year. The key doesnt turn the cylinder to move at all, so theres no way for me to disarm the alarm or get in the car without some other sollution. I work at best buy as an installer so me and a buddy hooked up actuators to a keyless entry system, it works great but once the doors lock from the keyless entry system the factory alarm turns on. When I trigger the actuator the alarm thinks someone is reaching into the car and manually pushing the locks so it goes off. I cant turn off the alarm being as the key wont turn.

What we tried to do was ground out the alarm by actually hooking up a ground wire and tying into the alarm wire which is lightgreen/black and is in the drivers door harness. I looked this up on directech to make sure. The alarm still armed however.

Im just looking for an easy way to disarm the alarm so I can lock my doors again. I know the alarm wont arm if the trunk, hood, or any door is open, so if you guys know any way to get to one of those sensors to disarm it or even a better way to ground out or disarm the alarm itd help me a lot. Also is the hood latch sensor easy to get to? Karma...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Heres my situation, I havent had locking doors for about a year. The key doesnt turn the cylinder to move at all, so theres no way for me to disarm the alarm or get in the car without some other sollution. I work at best buy as an installer so me and a buddy hooked up actuators to a keyless entry system, it works great but once the doors lock from the keyless entry system the factory alarm turns on. When I trigger the actuator the alarm thinks someone is reaching into the car and manually pushing the locks so it goes off. I cant turn off the alarm being as the key wont turn.

What we tried to do was ground out the alarm by actually hooking up a ground wire and tying into the alarm wire which is lightgreen/black and is in the drivers door harness. I looked this up on directech to make sure. The alarm still armed however.

Im just looking for an easy way to disarm the alarm so I can lock my doors again. I know the alarm wont arm if the trunk, hood, or any door is open, so if you guys know any way to get to one of those sensors to disarm it or even a better way to ground out or disarm the alarm itd help me a lot. Also is the hood latch sensor easy to get to? Karma...
If you have no intent to install an aftermarket alarm, just make the hoodlatch think it's open all the time (not sure if it's breaking or making it ground). This will keep it from arming.

The latch wire runs down behind the latch, and then up under the radiator support.

Reactions: midnightMX6

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
there is no factory alarm. unless you bought your car preowned from an official mazda dealership and they put a mazda alarm in. since it should be aftermarket and you are a pro I don't see why you can't take it out but if not go with what snailman said.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
there is no factory alarm. unless you bought your car preowned from an official mazda dealership and they put a mazda alarm in. since it should be aftermarket and you are a pro I don't see why you can't take it out but if not go with what snailman said.
Sure there is, both my '93 and my '96 MX-6 (and my wife's '99 626) have/had factory alarms. It features a hood latch switch, and starter kill.

They are integrated with the fuse box inside the driver's kickpanel. See a Hayne's Manual for the wiring diagrams....they were installed in the factory.

Dealer has nothing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys we figured it out, we just hooked up the factory disarm direct and used yellow/red instead of the light green/black. Kept the factory alarm and got the keyless to work together.

·
Registered
69 Posts
thanks for the help guys we figured it out, we just hooked up the factory disarm direct and used yellow/red instead of the light green/black. Kept the factory alarm and got the keyless to work together.
WHere are these wires located? because I'm dealing with the same thing now.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
is there anyway to get a remote prograammed for the factory alarm? my alam work fine i just never had a remote when i bought the car. Please don't say only the dealership can do it :(

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yeah we def. DO have factory alarms, my old 95 MX6 had one, and my 97 LS has one too, im pretty sure they all have them (at least ones sold in the US have them). I dont know about the other ones.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Even my 93 RS has the factory alarm - if you don't unlock the drivers side door with a key, the horn goes off - plus starter kill, I assume.
Don't lock the doors while you're driving - or else you gotta roll down the window and put the key in the door to not set off the alarm.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 94 LS does not have a factory alarm either. I was going to say maybe the ones from canada dont have them but another member from the states said he did not have it either. Only reason i know i dont have one is because when i put in an aftermarket one i could not even find the wires for a factory alarm... very wierd though :S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts