Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime when i unlock the driver side door the alarm goes on ..... does anyone know how to fix it or at least how to turn off this stupid alarm?? thanx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im doing now .... have to go to the passanger door open them and then have to go and open my side .... but is there some way of fixing it or just turning off that alarm completely? thanks

G

·
I had the same problem a couple of years ago. The part in the lock went bad that disarms the alarm. You can get it fixed but it was cheaper to have keyless entry intsalled this solves the problem and the alarm still works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a good solution :) i was thinking about keyless entry before .... how much did you pay so i know what to expect? Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If your car uses the factory fitted alarm, the box is located in the boot, left behind the side panel.

Use a nr. 10 spanner, three bolts later you will have it out
and yank out the two wired plugs connected to the box (Black in color). But then neither your alarm, imobiliser and central locking wont work.

I have done this when my one remote failed. The siren uses a plug so you can disconnect it in the engine bay

Good luck....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts