Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my battery was flat. Not surprising, the batttery is 3 1/2 years old and has been in a car that sometimes goes for weeks at a time without being driven. That and it was completely dead for over a week last winter when I forgot my ignition on in the garage.

Anyway, here's the wierd part. I attempted to crank the car, finding out the battery was dead. Then all of the sudden, the security light started flashing and the factory alarm went off. I was almost certain I didnt have the factory alarm because in the 3 1/2 years I've had the car, I've never been able to make it work, and now all of the sudden it starts going off randomly. Totally odd.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
..I assume you've read the owners manual on how to use the system ( I posted it in the FAQ here as well)?

So are you saying that if you lock the driver's door (using the central locking system) with all other doors/hood/trunk closed, the security system doesn't beep and display the "SECURITY" light in the cluster? There is quite an extensive troubleshooting section for the factory alarm in the Mazda Factory Workshop manual if you're curious.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Never worked. Not that I really care as I have an aftermarket alarm anyway, but it is pretty weird.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
You have to lock it with your driverside door open. It wont arm the alarm when its closed.

My other alarm (aftermarket) went off when my battery died??

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
ace5656, have you checked the fuses??

How do you know its not working??
Is the beep not sounding when you set it. Or is it not going off when you open the door while its armed??

·
Registered
288 Posts
I checked the fuses not long ago (after it stopped working) and they were all good. When I hit the lock to arm it, instead of arming like it used to it does nothing, no beep, no light, nothing. I did notice though that when i unlock the door with the key the security light will come on. i'm thinking i might be having problems with one of the door sensors. i checked the driver and passenger door sensors and they look fine, but i'm not quite sure where the sensor for the hood and truck are. That's pretty much all i know for now, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey I had the same thing happen to me...my battery is dead and one day I was getting into the car through the driver's side door and it made noise for about five seconds and the lights dimly flashed, and what's weird is mine will never arm either...I wish I would have known how it was set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.