Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that some mx6's came out with factory amps this is why some can't get there speaker to go on the facory wire's i was woundering if anybody has info on what cars came out with the factory amps

like mine a 88 mx6 or 89 mx6

also has anybody got photo's of factory install of a headunit as i want to do a stelth install with a facory look in front of my new headunit

my exsaust is getting done at the moment

thanks
kedge

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A factory sub wo what the it must be a 6" or somthing

anyway i can't even cheak at the moment as i don't have my car still getting fixed

·
Registered
235 Posts
Does any one know what the factory head unit has for watts, and even more importantly what's the wattage for the amp caus eI'm pretty sure I've got one to my own supprise. I have an 89 lx and I remembered reading about the amp under the seat, so I looked and low and behold there it was it's just a black box. any way some info on it would be great.

Jason (pyro)

·
Banned
395 Posts
i believe and this is only a guess that its only 25

·
Registered
337 Posts
Don't mistake it for the power steering box under the driver's set all mx6 have does...Don't mess with it too..That amp is only 25W.

·
Banned
395 Posts
actually gt`s and 4ws have the box under driver seat for steering adjustment

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually there is two 25 watt amps in some models of the 6 according to Haynes. One is behind the dash, and powers the 4 speakers, the other is under the seat and does the sub.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
For the 1st gen GTs with the updated stereo the front is controled by one amp built into the head unit, the rears are controled by another seperate amp and the sub has one built in.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Manifest said:
For the 1st gen GTs with the updated stereo the front is controled by one amp built into the head unit, the rears are controled by another seperate amp and the sub has one built in.
Hmmm, Thats why my aftermarket headunit and speakers sound like crap. I can't get any bass, all treble really. It sucks.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The amp for the rear speakers was behind the eq, so pulling the stock headunit should of taken care of all the amps for you. All that is left would be the stock wire. Maybe something else is holding back the base you desire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts