Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale:

F2T intake manifold. with throttle body, Bac/isc vale, egr valve, fuel rail and injectors: $150 + shipping.

F2T head with cam and rocker assembly, measured true, as is with warranty $175 + shipping.

F2T exhaust manifold, to weld T3 flange to $75 + shipping.

VJ-11 turbo, complete with O2 housing $150 + shipping.

VJ-11 turbo with exhaust manifold $200 + shipping.

F2T transmission, to be inspected, have the differential shaft welded and the shifter seal changed (buyer ships 2, I need a spare) $300 + shipping + 2 shifter seals and gasket maker.

F2T intercooler $60 + shipping.

F2T intercooler pipes, fittings, hoses, clamps, bpv, boots and couplers $65 + shipping.
With intercooler $110 + shipping.

New stainless steel TD05H o2 housing with 3" v-band downpipe, divorced wastegate pipe, flex pipe and 4 bolt external wategate flanges, gaskets and bolts $130 + shipping.

New Magnaflow 94105 2.25" in/out 13" Stainless universal catalytic converter, 100$ + shipping.

Autometer boost gauge 20psi/30inhg $60+shipping.
Autometer narrow band o2 gauge $55 + shipping.

Turbosmart boost controllers $25 + shipping each. (Do not recommend running these on F2T's or any forced induction engine, but if you want a boost controller that sucks at a fraction of it's price new).

Pictures are of some of the parts I have stored. There are more, heads, transmissions, intakes and turbos (only one pictured, most are in storage bins and some are on cars)...

Pictures of the actual part and condition will be taken upon serous inquiry.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Wood Tool Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Gas Wood Machine tool Machine

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Machine Auto part

Personal protective equipment Human leg Nail Wood Metal

Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Font Material property Gas

Camera lens Digital camera Camera Reflex camera Camera accessory

I am only giving a warranty on heads.
It is my experience once a head is installed properly, there is nothing the driver can do with the gas pedal to damage it, if the engine overheats or the headgasket fails or the engine runs out of oil the head will suffer damage but that's not the same as the head failing.
I will warranty manifolds, injectors, egr valves... Intercoolers (If you are running such high boost that the factory intercooler explodes from the pressure I will replace it).

Transmissions and Turbo's will be in good working order and completely inspected (transmissions rebuilt), I will do returns before installation. But I can't warranty them based on experience.

My ex shop partner was running one of my port and polished heads and an inaccurate boost gauge, he went through 10 good VJ-11's and a brand new VF-11 (I bought and gave him) in one year, he blew the throttle boot on the VF-11, when he got to the garage he told me something is wrong with the car and he had to turn the boost way up to get 12psi, I opened the hood, oil had blasted all over the firewall from the split in the throttle boot and he had turned the boost up so high that the 2 day old turbo fried it's seals and bearings. I installed the turbo block off plate on his car and made him run N/A for a while. All eleven turbos where in perfect working.

One customer had the shift gate in his transmission loosen up and the car was hard to shift, by the time I got the transmission he had bent the shift gate and snapped the cast ball that moves the gears of the change rod off the rod, it got into the pinion gears and damaged those while he drove it around stuck in 2nd gear. I swapped the change rod lever, rebuilt the differential, replaced the shift gate, welded the diff shaft and reassembled the transmission, 2days later he called me to say the car wont move in any gear, I had him pick up new pinion gears, shims and shaft at the dealer, he dropped them off at my house and while sitting in my kitchen and discussing his repair under warranty preceded to show me the video of what he did with the car at work after the first rebuild, he worked at a tire shop, the owner put two used all season tires on the MX6 then they rested a tire against the rear bumper of a cavalier and he drove the mx6 front pumper against the tire and proceeded to do a 4 minute long 4 gear ONE WHEEL burnout on an opened differential transmission. The pinion gears chewed into the differential shaft (it would have broke loose and shot out of the differential had it not been welded), The pinion gears and spider gears chewed each other up, ground the gear shims into the cast differential, everything was ruined.

Transmissions and turbo's are vulnerable to user error.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry I didn't post them sooner but the way the world has been shipping might have ate up any savings.

Thanks for the kind words. I see used F2/F2T parts for sale ridiculously high prices, supply and demand pricing sucks.
I have parted many F2T's and still have some parts cars, I have more than 26 heads and I can't go through that many if I lived a second life time, my shop is full, my storage is full and the parts cars are rusting away. Before Mazda and Ford F2/F2T's disappear completely and this stuff just ends up stored as spare parts until the day I die I might as wall find a home for them and make enough $ for gas to get back to work on the 626build.
I don't want to sell the parts at Upull scrap yard prices because I had to buy the cars, part the cars, store the stuff, pay to store it, kept it since the early 2000's... That shouldn't matter to buyers but it's also the reason these parts are still around and available. Here winters are harsh and shit rusts so I tried to offer a selection of parts that don't get affected by that and offer them at what I believe is a fair price without inflation or greed as a motivator.

Don't get me wrong I believe humans have too much money and not enough brains, the more money that's taken from them the less harm they can do.
I also believe people who love F2T's have more brains than money, but generally they are broke.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, if we had brains we wouldn't being doing the Mazda GD platform. ;)
Or if we had money.

But all joking aside, you wrote "the Mazda GD platform" but there is nothing else Mazda ever made worth building unless you'd still consider a 3rd gen RX7 with a turbo charged LS motor a Mazda. The rotary Apexi seal was such a problem here in Canada, if you parked the car for the winter the seals would dry up, if you started it in really cold weather while the seal shrank from the cold it would wear down and die.
After the GD platform they built a few RHD 323 GTR's using the cast iron reliable block recipe. Here the next turbo Mazda after the GD was the MazdaSpeed protege, a bit of a novelty and a bit of a joke. Mazda final brought out the MazdaSpeed 3 and 6, I thought it sucks that the 3 only came in hatchback and the 6 only came in awd (two things I can't stand) but I also thought boasting almost twice the HP of the F2T the 2.3l is the way of the future, it will have more potential than the F2T. Then I saw and worked on some and raced against some and helped swap engines and transmissions in very new cars that simply ran a boost controller @ few more psi and extremely expensive bolt on aftermarket exhausts, air filters and controllers. Although they would have been running 320+ bhp (which isn't much of a jump from the factory 263bhp) with these mods, the cars weren't fast, they weren't even quick.
Raced a kid running 26psi on the factory turbo, with every bolt on he could find, when we left my shop to race he cut me off leaving the parking lot so he could be ahead (single lane road I mean private track), His back bumper was covered in black soot from the melon launcher sized tail pipe he was running (you could drive a smart for2 into that tailpipe). Like everyone thinks I'm going to kick his ass or he's going to kick mine. Black smoke billowed out of the melon launcher and I knew he had it floored so I floored the MX6 then hit the brakes because I was going to hit him, he slowly worked his way through 3 and 4th at wide opened throttle while I made the BOV go on and off letting him get a few feet away, giving it some gas, getting up to his bumper, releasing the gas ...

What I am saying is if it wasn't for the GD F2T my build car would not have been a Mazda And have no love for the fart box 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0l Mazda turbo blocks so many love. Curse you or Thank you F2T, Honestly over the years the F2T running factory shipped ECU's and junk yard production T3 turbos, the F2T engine on GD platform has beat 1300cc street bikes, Aventador, RS4, AMG 63's, Jag XKR's, Corvette C6's, Mustang gt500 and GT350's and all other challengers over the years in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear pulls. Sure for money and time spend I could have built a much faster rwd car but I would just be breaking parts on a higher level and at a higher cost. Some BMW 6 cylinder blocks can take really high boost and high power in stock form similar to the 2JZ-GTE engine but working on BMW's makes you want to set them on fire.

For me at the time the F2T was the perfect FWD platform, durable, easy to work on, easy to modify and parts cars where 300$ each. People getting into F2T's nowadays WTF are they thinking, they are rare, replacement parts are hard to find, everything custom is a learning experience, want to make a fast engine expect to blow some up on the way, even when there is a foolproof recipe builder mistakes happen. Everyone learns what not to do before knowing what they need to do.

Yep parts are hard to find. ;)

Reactions: Grantly

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few more interesting parts.

The 1992 MX6 GT had finished sway bar bushings, I swapped it for a modified sway bar. When I pulled it off the car I noticed it was a solid sway bar.
Latter I bought 22mm poly bushings and installed the bar on my 626GT. The new car is running an addco sway bar, I have two sets of those and still have the customized bar. I can't use 4 upgraded sway bars.

-So Solid front sway bar, 22mm, with energy suspension 22mm bushings and brackets. 150$ + shipping.
I will take pics of it in the rusted 626's engine bay upon interest in the sway bar.Never hear of a factory F2T solid front sway bar or found proof one ever existed, there is a company (might of been whiteline) that made a 22mm solid bar but the bushing had to be factory, I have never seen sway bar bushings that worn on an F2.

-Rear B spec gt factory strut tower bar 120$ + shipping.

-Rear lower B spec gt factory trailing axle bar (Sorry drifter 626 only did a full count of them recently) it's rusty but it's solid 80$ + shipping.

-5speed GT and auto GT customized cut shaft throttle bodies 95$ + shipping.
These are the numbers:
-The factory throttle ports are 40mm and 46mm, the throttle shafts are 10mm by calculating the area of both ports and deducting the area of the shafts the factory throttle body has a 3.19071in2 passage.
-The throttle flap is 2mm thick. The rod it sits in has 4 MM of metal on either side of the flap, by removing half the rod the air passage area becomes 3.71441 in2. a 16.4133% increase over factory.

This picture was taken during test fitting, the screw threads where later coated in leak lock, installed, torqued and cut flush with the rod to ensure they will never get loose.
Automotive tire Door Rim Flash photography Household hardware

I am selling throttle bodies I modify upon request, the one pictured was on my 626GT has been replaced by a large dual flap throttle body but I'm keeping it.
Yes all I am doing is cutting the upper shaft and screws with a hacksaw but by to remove the screws, mark and remove the flaps, cut the rods, clean the area, test fit the flaps... takes about 4 hours to do properly.

These parts are higher priced because they're the reason I pay to store stuff and don't have replacements for and could be useful down the road if the ones I'm using get damaged. Or I'm selling labor and giving away a throttle body at 25$ an hour.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PMS sent.

Ford "t-bird compressor housing and compressor wheel.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Gas

Both tubos have shaft play, one is in and out the other side to side and they both burn and leak oil.
I am selling the wheels and housings only, if you want the center section it is free but shipping will increase.

The compressor housing and wheel can be bolted to the factory mazda ihi vj-11 turbo and are a small (cough cough) upgrade over factory.
110$ for the blue powdercoated housing and wheel.
100$ + shipping for the other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For sale:

F2T intake manifold. with throttle body, Bac/isc vale, egr valve, fuel rail and injectors: $150 + shipping.

F2T head with cam and rocker assembly, measured true, as is with warranty $175 + shipping.

F2T exhaust manifold, to weld T3 flange to $75 + shipping.

VJ-11 turbo, complete with O2 housing $150 + shipping.

VJ-11 turbo with exhaust manifold $200 + shipping.

F2T transmission, to be inspected, have the differential shaft welded and the shifter seal changed (buyer ships 2, I need a spare) $300 + shipping + 2 shifter seals and gasket maker.

F2T intercooler $60 + shipping.

F2T intercooler pipes, fittings, hoses, clamps, bpv, boots and couplers $65 + shipping.
With intercooler $110 + shipping.

New stainless steel TD05H o2 housing with 3" v-band downpipe, divorced wastegate pipe, flex pipe and 4 bolt external wategate flanges, gaskets and bolts $130 + shipping.

New Magnaflow 94105 2.25" in/out 13" Stainless universal catalytic converter, 100$ + shipping.

Autometer boost gauge 20psi/30inhg $60+shipping.
Autometer narrow band o2 gauge $55 + shipping.

Turbosmart boost controllers $25 + shipping each. (Do not recommend running these on F2T's or any forced induction engine, but if you want a boost controller that sucks at a fraction of it's price new).

Pictures are of some of the parts I have stored. There are more, heads, transmissions, intakes and turbos (only one pictured, most are in storage bins and some are on cars)...

Pictures of the actual part and condition will be taken upon serous inquiry.

View attachment 14470
View attachment 14471
View attachment 14468
View attachment 14469

View attachment 14472

View attachment 14475
View attachment 14474
View attachment 14473

I am only giving a warranty on heads.
It is my experience once a head is installed properly, there is nothing the driver can do with the gas pedal to damage it, if the engine overheats or the headgasket fails or the engine runs out of oil the head will suffer damage but that's not the same as the head failing.
I will warranty manifolds, injectors, egr valves... Intercoolers (If you are running such high boost that the factory intercooler explodes from the pressure I will replace it).

Transmissions and Turbo's will be in good working order and completely inspected (transmissions rebuilt), I will do returns before installation. But I can't warranty them based on experience.

My ex shop partner was running one of my port and polished heads and an inaccurate boost gauge, he went through 10 good VJ-11's and a brand new VF-11 (I bought and gave him) in one year, he blew the throttle boot on the VF-11, when he got to the garage he told me something is wrong with the car and he had to turn the boost way up to get 12psi, I opened the hood, oil had blasted all over the firewall from the split in the throttle boot and he had turned the boost up so high that the 2 day old turbo fried it's seals and bearings. I installed the turbo block off plate on his car and made him run N/A for a while. All eleven turbos where in perfect working.

One customer had the shift gate in his transmission loosen up and the car was hard to shift, by the time I got the transmission he had bent the shift gate and snapped the cast ball that moves the gears of the change rod off the rod, it got into the pinion gears and damaged those while he drove it around stuck in 2nd gear. I swapped the change rod lever, rebuilt the differential, replaced the shift gate, welded the diff shaft and reassembled the transmission, 2days later he called me to say the car wont move in any gear, I had him pick up new pinion gears, shims and shaft at the dealer, he dropped them off at my house and while sitting in my kitchen and discussing his repair under warranty preceded to show me the video of what he did with the car at work after the first rebuild, he worked at a tire shop, the owner put two used all season tires on the MX6 then they rested a tire against the rear bumper of a cavalier and he drove the mx6 front pumper against the tire and proceeded to do a 4 minute long 4 gear ONE WHEEL burnout on an opened differential transmission. The pinion gears chewed into the differential shaft (it would have broke loose and shot out of the differential had it not been welded), The pinion gears and spider gears chewed each other up, ground the gear shims into the cast differential, everything was ruined.

Transmissions and turbo's are vulnerable to user error.
PMS sent.

Ford "t-bird compressor housing and compressor wheel.
View attachment 14555
Both tubos have shaft play, one is in and out the other side to side and they both burn and leak oil.
I am selling the wheels and housings only, if you want the center section it is free but shipping will increase.

The compressor housing and wheel can be bolted to the factory mazda ihi vj-11 turbo and are a small (cough cough) upgrade over factory.
110$ for the blue powdercoated housing and wheel.
100$ + shipping for the other.
you wouldn’t happen to have any body pieces would you? I am looking for the driver and passenger side rear skirt, the little pice that’s att bottom behind door.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you wouldn’t happen to have any body pieces would you? I am looking for the driver and passenger side rear skirt, the little pice that’s att bottom behind door.

You want the small black plastic pieces, I will have to look and see what I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts