Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Heh, no offense, but who would want these?

My cassette player that I had played tapes too fast, and the speakers are made of cheap, inferior quality paper.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I think the stock sound system, at least the one in my GT, is pretty good. The sound is really clear with a good tape, and it goes real loud without distortion.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree with antiSUV, but I've already replaced my speakers (one tore) and just picked up another stock radio/tape/eq combo.

·
Registered
934 Posts
stock speaker sizes...

if I remember correctly its 4" in the front, 5 1/4" rounds in the rear? anything special I should know before I buy some new speakers? difficult install??

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually its pretty easy to install speakers, I was just suprised at how much you had to take apart for the front speakers. I thought you could do it from under the dash...nope. Oh, on the rear speakers....be sure to be careful with those little plastic clips. they are old and brittle..yeah some want to break.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
magik8 said:
Heh, no offense, but who would want these?

My cassette player that I had played tapes too fast, and the speakers are made of cheap, inferior quality paper.
First off, i wasn't asking for an opinion on them. I am selling them to who ever needs one that works for cheap. Not everyone has a lot of money sitting around. If mine was busted i would jump on this but i replaced mine a long time ago. Maybe someone wants it for a winter car or maybe to sell thier car but want to keep thier system...you never know, its worth a try. I will take $20 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
if I remember correctly its 4" in the front, 5 1/4" rounds in the rear? anything special I should know before I buy some new speakers? difficult install??
Actually, the back speakers are 6 1/2" speakers. I'm positive. Easy install.

First off, i wasn't asking for an opinion on them. I am selling them to who ever needs one that works for cheap. Not everyone has a lot of money sitting around. If mine was busted i would jump on this but i replaced mine a long time ago. Maybe someone wants it for a winter car or maybe to sell thier car but want to keep thier system...you never know, its worth a try. I will take $20 plus shipping.
Is this the correct forum for selling them? Shouldn't this post have been in the For Sale/Wanted section only? I was offering my advice as to this piece of equipment.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is in the for sale wanted thats why thier is a link to it. I dont check the for sale wanted and figured other first gen guys didnt either. Thats why i posted here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts