Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Mx6, and its green I just bought it like 4 mos. ago. But the only problem is the paint is faded... I have been looking at other cars and mine seems to be the only one I can find with the same problem. Its faded across the roof, and it has major fade problems on the hood and trunk. it looke nasty... Gonna paint is black w/ pearl blue. But its gonna take a little time for that...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this is going to sound stupid but there is a temporary fix for this. I am sure you might not want to do but I swear it works. Use toothpolish. Put a little on the paint and rub it in like you would a polish. Then wipe the access off with a rag. It works wonders because of the brightening material they put into it.

Trevis

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
coldnoodle said:
Yeah, try to use some polish and wax to see if they can make the paint looks better. Of course, if you have the money, then a new paint job will be nice.
yes this is the key to keeping the paint job nice. learn everything you can about waxing and polishing and washing your car. i did by working at a car detailing shop in town. mine is a 93, red paint. i have been asked by many people if it is a new car. i am nooo!!! 93!! later

take care of the paint!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the same problem with me green '93. The roof is faded and the clearcoat is etched in places. I have a feeling it has less to do with the color or the age the paint and more to do with the previous owner not expending one drop of wax on the car during the time she owned it.
So what kind of a paint job could I expect for say, $500? Keeping the car in the same color, of course.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well you could buy the clear coat, base coat, hardener, thinner, all the painting materials needed. However, if you are not doing it yourself then you would have to expect paying quite a bit to the person for painting it. Cars are a beeyatch to paint. If you want a good job that is. Hope that helped. If you wanted a quicky job for the time being might I suggest a eurathane paint. If you want to go one color then it will run you about 60 dollars for the mixture and sh*t.

Trevis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts