Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are three spots on my car where there are these circular white patches. When I whipe them with some water they fade out but as the water dries the white stuff comes right back. Can someone tell me what this is and if I can patch them up, or do I have to repaint those pieces completely?

·
Registered
483 Posts
well the white patches you are refering too is called oxidation, unfortunately i don't think you can do much except get the car repainted. color back products won't help, rubbing compound won't work, i had tried that on my old 626.

·
Registered
28 Posts
dont waste your time and money ... i had my roof and left fender full of that shit and nothing worked ... i think i tryed everything .... finally i had my car painted ...
the only think you can do ... there is that milky stuff for your dash so it makes the dash shiny ... put that on tho se spots and it stays there for like 2 days ... or there is a scratch remover .,... that kinda hides it temporairy too...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Has your car ever been painted? Sometimes when you buy a used car they have painted a panel the el cheapo way, sometimes w/ no clear coat and eventually it all goes to looking real bad. It's hard to tell w/ not looking at it, but you could try some imperial hand polish by 3M or maybe the Meguair's Cleaning Wax will do the trick. I will ask my detailing buddy's who do this stuff for a living. Also, moving to appearance forum.....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Use a body scrub. a cleaner wax is ok if the oxidation is not bad but get a body scrub from Meguairs( i use the product all the time ) anyway. use that all over the car. take your time and rub it in good. remove it then use a cleaner wax then a pure carnuba wax.

also if you can get a hold of somethign from Auto Magic, it is called Duz ALL, i like it better. i can get it at the shop i used to work at. does the same thing as the Body Scrub. those product are said to be all "CUT" no polish in them at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have noticed some slight fading on the hood, I hit it with some Dry-Wash and it buffed out a little. Darn sun.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I use a 6in orbital i bought at WalMart for 20 bucks. you can get a bigger one and one that spins faster. the one i use will not hurt the car it just is a alot easier than using my hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts