Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if my 94 mx6 v6 has a fail safe mode for the airbag system. there is a strange irregular beeping sound coming from the airbag control unit under the dash. the airbags have never been deployed. just curious, i know the probes have the inertia switch so thats why i thought the mx6 might have something like it

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
the probes and mx6's have exactly the same system.

apparently there is a resistor that protects against accidental deployment...but once that happens the system has to be reset. I'm thinking of this off the top of my head from what i remember reading about 6 months ago. A quick search with the keywords will bring up lots of useful information

Good luck
:tup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does your airbag light on the dash work? It should come on for about 5 seconds when you turn the key to the on position.

Usually when there is a problem with the system, the airbag light flashes a code to tell you what the problem is. If the light is burned out, the module beeps instead. (I am not sure if it beeps in the same pattern as the lights flash, but it might.) You should be able of find the list of codes by searching the site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts