Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I took my car into the dealership to get a "rattle" sound from under the car. It turns out it debris in the Cataylic converter. Now, they said it would cost about $1000.00 (CANADIAN) to replace! IS this true?? I should be alright as I have the best extended warrenty coverage. GOLD PLUS. They said it should cover the cost of it however, they have to call the company tomarrow and find out.
All i can say is it better damm well cover the cost of it. What else am I paying the $2500.00 extra in warrenty coverage for?
Do you know what could have caused it to get "debris" inside???? And sort of a dumb question, what the hell does it do?

Little Bastard,

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think Their Lying,

Okay, see, i've had to bring it in about 3 other times to get a rattle fixed right, and all 3 times they told me they had to cut a loose piece of metal from the exaust. (it was one of them metal ties that they put around the frount of the exaust.....it's got a new exaust system...anyway,)..everytime it solved the problem (for a while..)...and now i thought this is what it was again....only it sounded a little louder. It only does it between 1st and 2nd gear! When i got the car back yesterday, they said the heat shield was a bit loose so they tightened that up, but that the Cat-Coverter had failed! If I only knew a little more about this i'm sure i could figure it out my damm self. Okay, well....let me know what you think about this explanation and I'll be sure to give them a piece of my mind! It has to be covered under the "GOLD PLUS" extended warrenty. (best I could get) I think when I take it into the shop next, i'm going to ask to see it! After they've got it up on the hoist, i wanna take a look for myself under the hood!
Thanks,
Little Bastard,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.