Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how much of a pain is it to install those metal type racing pedals? I think I like them now, but Im wondering if its a hassle to do it yourself.. any feedback?

Cheers

125 Posts
all the ones i've seen just screw onto your existing pedals and they are adjustable so you don't throw your leg out when pushing the clutch...but their pretty universal because you just adjust the screws to fit your pedals..

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have some on mine and i like them alot. just adds to the int. makes it easier to not miss your pedal.
anyway, later

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm.

so you are saying that they attach to your existing pedals? or you actually replace the stock pedals?

Cheers
Thx

p.s. is there any that you recommend over another?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
They will go over the stock pedals. they have 4 peices of metal on the back of them that can swing and move and then you tighten those down and they stay on there like that. anyway,later

·
Registered
98 Posts
Installation is simplicity at it's uh, simplest. It should take all of 5 min to do. The only caveat is that your pedals will be a bit closer together, so you could accidentally push on the gas when you mean to brake, but it's not really a problem if you pay attention. Then again this might be a problem specific to auto cars, with their wider brake pedals. Oh, and lastly, don't pay $50 bucks for Razo pedals, get 'em for $20 at Pep Boys. They look exactly alike, and as far as I can tell they perform the same too.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kewlkewl

im just gonna check out some local perf. shops here.. we dont have a pep boys around me in Canuk land here eh...

thanks dudes...

(thanks even to the post whore there superfly)
(just kiddin)
cheers

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: kewlkewl

Rufnek69 said:
im just gonna check out some local perf. shops here.. we dont have a pep boys around me in Canuk land here eh...

thanks dudes...

(thanks even to the post whore there superfly)
(just kiddin)
cheers
Check out AutoZone!!!!

Post Whore me, come on!!! haha, anyway, later

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mm

Im gonna check performance improvements... and this little shitty ripoff honda store near my house too

(now im post whoring DoH!!!)
j/k

:smokin:

·
Registered
305 Posts
There is another kind of pedal sets that are much smaller than the ones that go over the existing pedals - so your feet don't jamb the brake when you want to accelerate or vice a versa. They look nicer in my opinion, but they require you to take off the petal covers and drill holes in the metal frame to attach the new pedals.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gottem

Well, i went to canadian tire and picked up some no name pedals and strapped them on to my existing pedals.. they are the plain metal look with the holes in em.. they look damn kewl.. only bitch is the pivot for my gas pedal doesnt quite swing like it should, i kinda clicks when I jam it hard... thats okay though.. they certainly are closer together though.. which is also fine... they look frikkin kewl though and I paid 39.00 CAD for them... not to mention my chrome tire air valve covers teehee

cheers..

thanks for the inputs dudes

G

·
I got some cheap no-namers (Alpena?) from Canadian Tire too! They just slipped over the old pedals . . . I like them, but like it was already said, sometimes you end up pushing the brake and the gas at the same time . . .

·
Registered
100 Posts
power pedals

I just bought and installed the power pedals (silver and aluminum) from Canadian tire and had a heck of a time trying to fit them over the existing ones. the clutch was fine but the brake pad was really tight and hard to fit between the pedal arm and the pedal, getting the strap around the gas was a pain too. What did I do wrong. I like them now that there on but man it took me over an hour to screw around with them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chrome tire air valve covers? I didnt see those at Canadian Tire. They look good? I think I might pick up the pedals as well. I believe Crappy tire has two different kinds. Any Advice?

PeMiL

·
Registered
45 Posts
The ones that you get at Canadian Tire (yes, silver and aluminum - they look nice) slip right over the existing pedals. You dont have to remove the rubber pads as far as I can tell. I just installed mine and I did have a hard time with the brake pedal and the accelerator. I put the band a little lower on the gas pedal and so it pivots properly, now I just have to worry about it falling off. It just doesnt seem as sturdy if you want to keep the pedal pivoting. I will try them for the first time this afternoon.

l8r

PeMiL
oh, I also picked up those chrome valve covers as well. Good choice!

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep

When I punch the gas... I can feel the pivot click over the band that holds the peddle to the peddle ( :) ) Otherwise it doesnt really bother me...

and yes.. chorme valve covers kik ass!!1

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts