Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some ecu and eprom info for all

I don't know it all, but I do know a whole lot about ECU's and tuning. I'm just trying to stop the spread of bad info.

So here is some more info if you wanna add it to your collection.

The 88-89 ecu's are all compatible with each other, manual or auto it doesn't matter (australia has a few odd eproms though, most have none though). The auto trans is controlled by a seperate ECU.

The 88-89 eproms I know about are the (last 4 digits) 0791, 0792, 0793, 0794, 0795

The 90-92's are
1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, no eprom

If the ecu has no eprom i have directions on how to make it function with one by doing a little soldering on the PC board. Someone else figured it out and e-mailed me the instructions. I haven't verified this, but have been told it works. I'll post them in the future and give that person the credit they deserve.

The 1144 image seems to work on all the 90-92's but I haven't done a whole lot of testing on it. It did work in my 90 mx6 though.

ECU's that come with the 1144 image from the factory have issues when running the previous versions, mainly a check engine light.

Hope this info is helpful to someone. I'm not on this board much anymore, but lurk once and a while.

Have fun guys :) I want another mx6 GT, i miss mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey whats up. I got a chip from you last year.91mx6 turbo mtx. my stock chip is 1143,but you sent me a 1144,you said it sould be fine and work and it does but is there any diffs between the 1143/1144. just curious.

thanks again.

·
Chillin'
4,971 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
ZombieSS said:
I don't know it all, but I do know a whole lot about ECU's and tuning. I'm just trying to stop the spread of bad info.

So here is some more info if you wanna add it to your collection.

The 88-89 ecu's are all compatible with each other, manual or auto it doesn't matter (australia has a few odd eproms though, most have none though). The auto trans is controlled by a seperate ECU.

The 88-89 eproms I know about are the (last 4 digits) 0791, 0792, 0793, 0794, 0795

The 90-92's are
1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, no eprom

If the ecu has no eprom i have directions on how to make it function with one by doing a little soldering on the PC board. Someone else figured it out and e-mailed me the instructions. I haven't verified this, but have been told it works. I'll post them in the future and give that person the credit they deserve.

The 1144 image seems to work on all the 90-92's but I haven't done a whole lot of testing on it. It did work in my 90 mx6 though.

ECU's that come with the 1144 image from the factory have issues when running the previous versions, mainly a check engine light.

Hope this info is helpful to someone. I'm not on this board much anymore, but lurk once and a while.

Have fun guys :) I want another mx6 GT, i miss mine.
Hey ZombieSS, I am one of those lucky ones with no eprom chip in my computer. I was wondering if you had the instructions yet. Thank you, Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts