Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost creammed my pants when I lined up with this bad boy at a stop light. So I figured what the hell so I reved him up. He looked at me like I was crazy. The light turned green and I came tearing ass out of there and he was just driving normal. Ok next light I guess he see that my cars got somin. so we go at it. He beats me off the line but then my rocket engines kick in and I throw on the afterburners! and I pass him up by 10 car lenghts!!!! Stupid Farrari anit nothin to my 89 LX!!!!!! Naa just kidding but I did see a 2001 360 Modena drive down my street when I was going to school this moring and I almost colapsed it was so beautiful!!!! Just thought you guys would like a laugh. So far I think my BS story is better than every one that clams that their 4 bannger kill a 5.0 Z28 and so on =-)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was driving over to my dads place at the weekend, and what do I see pulling out of the petrol station? a yellow Ferrari 355, Wow that looks like....crap, compared to the McLaren F1 pulling out behind it!! I can't believe I actually saw one for real, the only reason I knew what it was is from playing Need for Speed :)
I want one!, but I think the Jag XJ220 looks better ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I din't think that the McLarens were avalable in America (assunming that your in the states) maybe I was wrong. hope I am cause I would love to see one of those!!!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I don't see many Ferraris (about once per year).

One day a few years back, I saw a Ferrari, don't even ask me what kind/model, cause I have no idea. The driver was probably about late 50s. I was driving my 1992 Kawasaki ZX6 Ninja, and pulled up beside him, itching for a race. He wouldn't even try! I was sorely dissappointed. I really wonder how he would have faired against me (we were going about 60mph) and my crotch rocket!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pyro said:
I din't think that the McLarens were avalable in America (assunming that your in the states) maybe I was wrong. hope I am cause I would love to see one of those!!!!!
Yeah, good onya mate, you're wrong ;)
I'm in Australia, and yes it was real, the license plate was MCLRN.F1 I was like "No Way", but I was driving next to this guy for about 10 mins, he didn't push the car at all, I had to slow down to gawk :)
But you can't mistake it, there is nothing else out there like it. Definately 100% real. I know a UFO spotting seems more likely though :)
I would have loved to have seen that car really go, that would be awesome...
But, wouldn't it suck having a Ferrari, if everyone is staring at your mate's McLaren?

·
Registered
236 Posts
an Omni GLH "4-banger" WOULD kill a 5.0 or Z28 :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
what are the specs on that Omni? Where are some pics?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll try to dig up some info if nobody beats me to it.. But the GLH (stands for "Goes Like Hell") is just as ugly as a regular Omni except it runs 14's stock (a guy in town has one that runs 12's).

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Random OT fact: When Car & Driver tested a GMC Syclone back in '91, they managed to shank a Ferrari 348 in a quarter-mile run; 14.1 vs. 14.5

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello Apollo,

You also have to note that the 80's to early 90's ferrari, had many changes to them for emissions. The 308(engine and emissions issues) can be killed by an mx-6 v6 off the line. They were sluggish and I might have to add...the 348 wasn't the best ferrari around. Also, on this site:

http://www.wwwheels.com they have a mclaren in the states probably a grey market car for like a million or something like that...it is under used cars. nice shots too

take care,

anthony

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Dam that is an ugly car though. I think that it is so much of a sleeper, maybe you couldn't even find someone to race with!

I respect it though.

G

·
the ferrari's(SP??)aren't that fast. Judging by the specs in a magazine i think that i could hang with one. They are more of a style and shove it in you face kinda car. Lambo's are more of a speed car. And i dont think this omni thing could beat a ls1 and maybe a lt1 f-body

·
Registered
416 Posts
camaro's and f-bodys could hang with the older ferrari f355's, but not with the new 360 modena, it has 395 horse in a super light frame and runs mid 12's, now with some mods then it could happen, but not stock for stock...of course, you dont see to many after market shops for ferraris, so the owner will have to always be satisfied with a mid 12 sec car, while with f-body's, the skys the limit

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have never driven a ferrari, but i have rode in a 348 before. these cars are not so much about running the 1/4 mile as they are about pure driving enjoyment. my uncle, who lives up in state college, pa owns a 348 and has taken me for a few rides, and it's just amazing how that thing feels... even in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i would rather have the Mercedes-Benz RENNTech CLK60. if i had the 360 modena, no one would race me. but in a car that looks like a CL series (other than the tailpipes) doing a 12.4 1/4 mi., 0-150 2.4 seconds quicker than a viper GTS (according to C&D)... thats quick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts