Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a charcol 93ish Civic coupe.

OMG, it was fast as hell.

I raced him from 3rd and up and by the end of 3rd he was slowly creeping up to my rear bumper. I go into 4th and he gets right to my rear window. I shut it down at 117mph and so did he, if we would have kept going I think he would have had me. I think it was because of my power drop off, unlike the Civics there power goes straight up.

Of course it was a swap cause I heard VTEC like crazy.

I think he was either spraying or it was a fully built engine. Not sure what engine though. Might have been the B16A or the B18C1. Probably the B16A since theres so much aftermarket parts for them. Who know it could have been a LS VTEC or B20 VTEC. It pulled like it had torque.

It was a damn nice Civic too. Just plain charcol with CF hood and bronze Roto Slipstreams.

·
Registered
196 Posts
yeah i got owned by a civic ONCE. He had a t3/4 turbo w/intercooler, full intake/exhaust system, ignition, and he still only got me by 2 cars i felt sad for him.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
It was a charcol 93ish Civic coupe.

OMG, it was fast as hell.

I raced him from 3rd and up and by the end of 3rd he was slowly creeping up to my rear bumper. I go into 4th and he gets right to my rear window. I shut it down at 117mph and so did he, if we would have kept going I think he would have had me. I think it was because of my power drop off, unlike the Civics there power goes straight up.

Of course it was a swap cause I heard VTEC like crazy.

I think he was either spraying or it was a fully built engine. Not sure what engine though. Might have been the B16A or the B18C1. Probably the B16A since theres so much aftermarket parts for them. Who know it could have been a LS VTEC or B20 VTEC. It pulled like it had torque.

It was a damn nice Civic too. Just plain charcol with CF hood and bronze Roto Slipstreams.
they dont have to be spraying or be fully built to run quick times.. just have to had made the right choices with the almost innumerable swaps out there.

i dont mind hondas like this. doesnt sound like it looked ricey and had some balls to back it up.

kickin, the civic who had the turbo - he didnt make the right choices if he only had you by 2 cars ;) i know quite a few around here that are actually worth the respect, and would mop the floor with me very easily.. while i hate to estimate my times, if i wasnt solidly in the 13's at this point i'd be surprised.

·
Registered
848 Posts
kickinn232 said:
yeah i got owned by a civic ONCE. He had a t3/4 turbo w/intercooler, full intake/exhaust system, ignition, and he still only got me by 2 cars i felt sad for him.
I knew a guy that slapped a turbo on his single cam D16 running 7psi, and he lost to my MX-6 by 1/2 to 1 car length in the 1/4, his top end got me though.

A slap on turbo on a B series (DOHC) running 7 psi is good enough to beat stock 5 speed Mustang GT's (sorry aggie) especially on top end.

My friend's Integra with a turbo B20, 2.2 stroker kit, and A LOT of other goodies is absolutely sick.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thread Hijak: Is your friends black " evolution" quick? I was just curious i saw him on the road the other night.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thread Hijak: Is your friends black " evolution" quick? I was just curious i saw him on the road the other night.
With the stock 1.8L engine no it wasnt that fast. It wasnt slow though. It kept up in traffic and did damn good to about 50mph. After that it was slow.

Also, I dought you saw him on the road. His car is in front of my house without an engine and its been there for about a month (waiting for engine :rolleyes: )

With the engine Im going to say it will run a mid to low 14 with a filter and no exhaust (open downpipe) that is if he can find traction. I have this site of someone with the swap and he spins all through 2rd and almost 3rd. Hey it only weighs 2200lbs:p

they dont have to be spraying or be fully built to run quick times.. just have to had made the right choices with the almost innumerable swaps out there.
Ya, thats true but Ive never had a Civic SI keep up with me like that. The most recent SI I raced had intake, header, cat-back and FPR and I just left him. By the end of 3rd gear I already had 1 car on him. Im sure he had mods out the ass though. Maybe it was a GS-R swap then, although I use to take them on my stock turbo

·
Registered
223 Posts
After he posted it on OR i thought i saw the same one on the road... i guess not. Do you ever attend any of the meets on Wed. night?

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, I go to them evey Wen night.

This week sucked though, I guess it was the weather

I shouldnt have gone that night, Im damn sick now:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts