Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

before i get flamed, i've searched through the site but the information returned isn't helping me much. that being said:

earlier today i took the air cleaner housing and the VAF sensor plumbing off to reveal the throttle body because i wanted to clean it... after shooting cleaner in there to get the black gunk out i sopped up some of the excess cleaner and let it dry. i replaced all the vacuum hoses and the intake plumbing, and installed a k&n filter. after a bit of a rough start the engine smoothed out only to idle at 1250 - 1500 rpm! :eek: it falls down to ~750 on occasion but as soon as i blip the throttle, up it goes.

i've performed a 'reset' of the computer by disconnecting the battery for a minute, and i've double (hell, triple!) checked the vacuum hoses. they are all connected and are not broken. i also adjusted the idle screw but this only made a difference when the idle actually fell down to it's normal level...

help please!

thanks,

-spish:freak:

G

·
0 Posts
just case....

i agree observe it a lil while because things like the ruff start and idle fluctuations can be the result of other causes besides idle adjustment....

but if you find you do need to adjust it...

the idle adjustment screw which sits verticallly is on the rear, where the air housing from the filter box meets the mainfold. You need to tighten it to reduce th idle...

always run your car with all accessories and headlights after your adjustments to check for deviance. Before you pack up!

mine was doin the same last week,
I had to adjust mine.....
but mine just rose descrietly.... :)
That was after the addition of cold Air.

good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have idle problems with my car sometimes (90 mx6 gt) and wat i do to adjust it is:
there is a screw (flathead) right where the throtle wires are, i think it's the intake manifold on the far right, have your car on and turn that screw and have someone sit in the car and tell you what it does as you twist it. sorry i'm not too specific on the location of the screw on mine it's at the right end of where it says "2.2 turbo) it's on the far right. GL

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips guys, but the idle has started surging now.. anywhere between 1000 and 2000 rpm... this only happens after the engine is warm.

if this thing doesn't re-learn it's idle in the next day or two, it's off to the dealer... :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts