1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Been round for ages now, runs in the 6's and its Australian

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thats not a KL motor tho thats a V8 swap or somthing right?

·
Registered
752 Posts
20B turbo rotary, i would love to see a KL wound up like that 1000+hp

·
Registered
86 Posts
What is the fastest street-driven K-series MX-6? Is that a better question :D

Also, a friend of mine is trying to sell a 13B. Just for [shizzle] and giggles, is there any way to actually get a rotary into our cars? That would be badass!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
There is a way to get anything into anything, the amount of work that follows is another ball game. ha

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i Believe low 12's is that fastest speed attained on a 2nd gen. I can not back up this statement, but i've heard people claiming mid to low 12's

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
What is the fastest street-driven K-series MX-6? Is that a better question :D

Also, a friend of mine is trying to sell a 13B. Just for [shizzle] and giggles, is there any way to actually get a rotary into our cars? That would be badass!
No, but there's a way to get it in my 2gen. ;) Just drop it on by sometime, I'll find a trans to mate to it.

Or maybe, I've heard of two 13B's being combined into a 26B I saw in an RX-7 once, could be a step towards that. :jump:

Totally unrealistic for now, haha. But I could still use a 13B for now, yet. :p

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...... I have a second gen MX-6. Are you serious that we could get a rotary in there? Dude, I'm sending you a PM right now :jump:
Haha, I was just joking around about installing it on MY particular 6. :p

Seeing the V8 Probes and such really tempts such a project. I wonder what type of car a rotary 6 would be like on the track. I also wonder how much of a weight increase it'd be, if it'd still be noticeably lighter than an FD and such.

Oh well, lets not try and debate it, it's been done enough times. :tup:

However, if someone has a daily I can spare, a garage, and to save on my expenses even more, at least an N/A 13B, although a TT 13B, or a 20B, or so on and so forth, yum.

And I know that won't happen.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So who here as ran 14.1 or lower with a stock block KL motor?

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Opps i ment to put best time N/A on a stock block with nothing done but bolt ons. Stock block with stock cams,pistons,and rods?

I thought it was funny that you asked :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used to have a video of somebody running a low 13 (IIRC) on a klze with bolt ons. Let me see what I can dig up after work. I think it's burned onto a cd somewhere in my collection.
There is no stock block KL motor with zero kind of forced induction running low 13s! Its either built,spraying,or turbo/supercharged. I know streetthismx6 ran 13.5 with a gutted car and slicks. Im trying to get into the 13s with stock block and full weight on street tires.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts