Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a dumb question...but is there anyone "known" to have the fastest 1st gen MX-6 or Probe in the 1/4 mile???

I have no idea how "quick" mine is but when the shifter and its **** bushings feel good, i can beat some GSR's boasting low 14's...so maybe i run high 14's? HAHA!

Gandhi

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way

PLEASE REPLY!!!

anyone post anything

any times are acceptable, i just want to see what the majority or our cars run.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, my goal is to be the first person ever to run 10 secs in the 1/4 on the F2T. As someone said a while ago in another thread - that a turbo kit (forgot it's name) made for the mx6 can make it run 12's without any internals mods. Slap on big injectors, add internals, boost controller and it's possible.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
With just a MBC, and a K&N i'm guessing you could pull a low 15. To break 14s you need a bit more work...exhuast, intake, [email protected] and a chip at least...those are good for at least a mid 14 with a good driver.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I'm pretty sure FallGuy probably has the fastest time for a currently active member, the infamous JayB also had some pretty respectable times, if you can find his timeslips. Both were/are in the 11s.

G

·
fasturbo626 said:
Well, my goal is to be the first person ever to run 10 secs in the 1/4 on the F2T. As someone said a while ago in another thread - that a turbo kit (forgot it's name) made for the mx6 can make it run 12's without any internals mods. Slap on big injectors, add internals, boost controller and it's possible.
Don't forget to double clutch.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
fasturbo626 said:
You will find (as Jay B and Fallguy experienced) that traction will limit your goals considerably. Let's face it, a FWD car is not the best setup for drag racing. I believe you will need racing slicks to get past the low 14's.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
The Mx6 isnt a track car.

Some odd reason my cars damn slow at the track, when it gets on the street it my car kicks ass!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
SixSick6 said:
no, a 5 speed isnt the way into the 10's, you'd be better off with an automatic transmission with a carbon fiber torque converter
Um right... arn't we a fountain of misinfo today?

~Chris

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
imagoonmx6 said:
Um right... arn't we a fountain of misinfo today?

~Chris
misinformation? no, my friends friend of friends friend works at Honda and HE SAID that the sohc d16 from a Del Slo would fit into the MX6 without any problems at all, all you need are carbon fiber motor mounts from APC, they tested it in the 1/4 mile, his friend used a stopwatch and they started it at zero and stopped it when they reached a quarter mile. It did like 7's, I don't know what anyone has told you, but the F2 motor doesnt stand a chance against a Honda [email protected]

NOW THAT, is misinformation:lol:

I figured 99% would catch the sarcasm but......

·
Registered
581 Posts
Re: Re: "Fastest" one

Caffeine said:
With just a MBC, and a K&N i'm guessing you could pull a low 15. To break 14s you need a bit more work...exhuast, intake, [email protected] and a chip at least...those are good for at least a mid 14 with a good driver.
i have to disagree with this.. :D

conefilter and ebc @ 11.5 psi netted my 130k smoke on start up mx6 [email protected] on 17's

and as for the 91pgt got high 13's with very little..

I REALLY wish we could get a bunch of first gen gt's together at a track somewhere to just to compare things..

no matter what i ve only had the f2t in the 15's when i was 16 yrs old and just bought my 91pgt with 32k,,, no idea about drag racing..

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Thats just a ball park with an average driver and your typical cheapo ball and spring manual boost controller. There are tons of other factors working against really awesome times, mainly vehicle wear (ie clutch, suspension, tires etc). But with the right mods, YOU CAN DOOOOO EEEEEEEIT!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Caffeine said:
and thats exactly what i ran with those same exact mods with the boost at 14 psi.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i too disagree, bone stock i hit a 15.3 at sea level, then i moved to vegas where we are 2800ft above sea level i hit a [email protected] sea level thats about a 14.3 with mbc set to 12psi, cone filter, and no cat. my best time up to date is a [email protected] spinning through gears thats with Injen cone air filter with heat sheild ,Turboxs boost controller boosting 16psi, no cat,no power steering, no a/c,butterfly mod,zombie turbo chip, walbro255 high pressure fuel pump,pacesetter short shifter.
[email protected]@[email protected] level...

G

·
The other day I run 14.9 sec @ 11psi and I belive I have a broken piston with a compresion of 25psi. I forgot to say it is in Puerto Rico, imagine with a colder weather and my engine at 100%

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

Caffeine said:
You dont need no slick or a bit of works to break 13.my red probe broke 13s easy with intake,exhaust,high flow cat and 17psi boost,light weight wheel and tire,broke 13.7. to my surprise, i never tought it can happen. ..

so the question is if you running 16 psi and still in the high 14s range,you might want to invest in some driving lesson.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
fasturbo626 said:
imagine me having a twin turbo setup on my F2T. hello 1000hp
Please lord help me and tell me that you are joking. Im going to forget the first post you wrote, only read this one, and pray again .. that you are joking.

If you arent joking, may you be hit with the stupid stick on the backswing and foreswing.

~1st member

1 - 20 of 21 Posts