Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 turbo mx6. I had two codes one for the egr 16 (which i resolved) and code 4 which is a cylinder id sensor?

Anyway, i tried looking for this "sensor" but could not locate it anywhere....maybe im looking to hard :)

If anyone can give me a location i would much appreciate it!

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
666 Posts
This is straight out of the 1991 Ford Probe factory shop manual. It's the same engine, I'm sure you know, but, just in case you don't.

Cylinder Identification Sensors A and B (CID)
These are the cylinder I.D. signals. The CID B signal detects No. 1 cylinder's TDC (compression), and the CID A signal detects No. 4 cylinder's TDC (compression). These signals are created by the distributor coils and sent to the ECU. The ECU used the CID B and CID A signals to control the electronic spark advance control system. If either one of these signals fails, the ECU uses the remaining signal for control of the above mentioned systems with no change in engine performance or operation. The cylinder identification sensors are located within the distributor.

More than you asked for, but, this info may be useful to somebody.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm gotta take the distributor cap off....Im assuming it's porbably a hall effect pickup of some sort....which probably means dealer item time....eesshh i hate the dealer!

thanks

Anthony

·
Registered
666 Posts
Probably be cheaper and easier <or easier at any rate> just to replace the distributor.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hey cant you just re-magnetize the sprockets or rotors or whatever you call them??!! I'm sure they just get weak from age and heat.

·
Registered
405 Posts
teK only said:
Hey cant you just re-magnetize the sprockets or rotors or whatever you call them??!! I'm sure they just get weak from age and heat.
for 5 to 10 bucks it would be a waste of time. the new ones come with a lifetime warranty as well.

·
Registered
854 Posts
You can get a whole distributer for 5-10 bucks??? Or just the parts inside??

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to know where to get a distributor for five or ten bucks.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts