Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a kia head.

i don't believe the casting is for [shizzle] personally & there are strange areas in 3 of the intake bowls that are machined why?

in comparison to the BP head, the FE3 head has let me down i a few areas already. most of which can be resolved but the point remains.

anyhow- offsite link to pics (clubprotege)

Club Protege - View Single Post - My FE3 thread

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Holy crap that's inferior quality. Genuine mazda head is nothing like that.

I wonder though why there are oil holes in the last journal bearing though, it's not an original feature. Camshafts were oiled through channels within the shaft, fed by the hole in the gear end. The extra holes do feed though, and not drain. The part where there's a red square at the dizzy end is not a bearing surface at all.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Wow, those ports are rugged, kia << mazda, that's for sure.

The machining marks are from cutting the hole for the seat/hole for the guide/seat itself. I think mine may have small marks, but NOTHING like that. Get a mazda head perhaps or just clean it up a bit and use it anyway.

Fred.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
my dad's doesnt look that bad...still not as good as my mazda one though...too bad I suppose, means its still better to want the mazda one, the kia engines are so cheap here though

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why make it work harder then it needs to in order to effectively be the airpump @ x rate of power i want

·
Registered
379 Posts
time

Depends on who you are. I have so little time to work on the car, that it's far easier to tweak the stuff on the outside and have the motor running as it is stock in the car. I've got a second motor sitting on the garage floor for the build. Of course it's been sitting there for over a year now. But I agree- if you have the time to do the work, it's definitely an asset give the gain vs. the cost of supplies.

Nice job on the clean up... good idea.

Funny thing is I had a KL head that was that bad, and on the other side of the block was a head that was total opposite - what you would expect from Mazda. I probably spent 90% of port clean up time on one head of the v6.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
You may think what you like. My purty blue filter was the biggest cheapest non-shlt one I could find to meet my requirements of a 6" intake too, also not because it was blue. Ditto the blue couplers were the cheapest non-shlt ones I could find period. The blue coolant hose is industrial stuff and ONLY came in that colour, just like the filter and silicone. I chose blue because it was anodised and matched the other parts I already have, not because it was blue and purty ;-) I don't want bare ally in that location for an extended period of time.

Fred.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You may think what you like. My purty blue filter was the biggest cheapest non-shlt one I could find to meet my requirements of a 6" intake too, also not because it was blue. Ditto the blue couplers were the cheapest non-shlt ones I could find period. The blue coolant hose is industrial stuff and ONLY came in that colour, just like the filter and silicone. I chose blue because it was anodised and matched the other parts I already have, not because it was blue and purty ;-) I don't want bare ally in that location for an extended period of time.

Fred.

lol, Fred you tell yourself whatever you need to sleep better at night about liking the color blue and trying to color co ordinate everything!!!

now Fred say, ' My name is Fred and I like the color blue...."

just kidding fred.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
My name is Fred and I have always liked the colour Blue, however that has little to do with wanting an expensive chunk of prone-to-oxidisation aluminium to be coated in a protective layer in a rather humid, wet and salty environment. You being from Canada should understand that. You should also be able to spell colour correctly as you aren't a yank ;-)

Fred.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My name is Fred and I have always liked the colour Blue, however that has little to do with wanting an expensive chunk of prone-to-oxidisation aluminium to be coated in a protective layer in a rather humid, wet and salty environment. You being from Canada should understand that. You should also be able to spell colour correctly as you aren't a yank ;-)

Fred.
You assume that because I live in Canada, that I am a Canadian?

but yes Fred, well played on the coloUr spelling... I myself do not care if that is how it is supposed to be spelled in Canada or not, I spell it the way I do.

and being a "yank" forum it is saying that the spelling of coloUr is incorrect!

and p.s. sorry bpt for continuing to push this thread off topic!

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
That'll be polished and sliced and diced, not blue, no. Not ever. Period. Yuck. Ditto your red one. Your interior is beautiful, but that cam cover... lol.

As for assuming yank/rebel, sure, but are you or not?? If you are Canadian, you should take pride in speaking YOUR language correctly, not that of someone else.

Anyway, lighten up, I don't mind being accused of being a filthy poofta, why do you care about being given shizzle about your yankee speeling? ;-)

·
Registered
57 Posts
haha, Fred, the entire reply was in good spirited fun, I am not taking it seriously at all.

I am canadian, and damn proud of it as well. i just thought it was funny, because at the moment of reading it, i just happened to have had a transplanted "yank" friend of mine sitting next to me. that is all that response came from.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts