Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can anyone tell me how good are the hydraulic lifters on the fe3 head to run on a turbo engine setup planning on get the boost to atleast 30psi
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
RPM and cam profile is what matters to lifters, not boost. You'll do fine with HLA's

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what happened to the solid lifter conversion you claimed to have done already, or was that a pipe dream?
i have that already done to my head no pipe dream mate

a mate of mine wnt to build a similar setup with hydraulic lifters
he wanted to find out how much he can rev the engine with hydraulic lifters with 30 psi boost rather than to do the conversion thats why i was finding out from guys who already turbocharged the fe dohc engines with hydraulic lifters i think it a valid point no point changing to solid when you plan on reving the to 7k for example if the hydraulic work that extra cash in the bank

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i have that already done to my head no pipe dream mate

a mate of mine wnt to build a similar setup with hydraulic lifters
he wanted to find out how much he can rev the engine with hydraulic lifters with 30 psi boost rather than to do the conversion thats why i was finding out from guys who already turbocharged the fe dohc engines with hydraulic lifters i think it a valid point no point changing to solid when you plan on reving the to 7k for example if the hydraulic work that extra cash in the bank
Care to share your work with the masses?

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
i run 30 psi on stock hydraulic lifters to about 7500 with no probs.
Why am I not surprised ;-) Mine was fine on 17psi to 7500 and the psi just doesn't matter. If they are in good shape, read, clean, then they will behave better than most give them credit for. You just need to up the spring pressure for the extra rpm.

Care to share your location with the masses?
Fixed! ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all info much apprecited

from what i know he wants a t3/t4 a.r .70 and ex .63
flowed ported head
stock internals
just changing the piston from a 10;1 to a 9.4;1 this comes from the 2.lt carburator 626 i think its call 2.0lt sle not really sure
cant get the kia piston this side

o one more question if you want to rev harder what valve is needed
or which vehicle does it come from?

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Or you could use the B18 ones like cam22t....

search some of his posts and you'll see the details

1 - 14 of 14 Posts