Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
were can i buy a fe3-dohc motor and for how much.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
at Walmart, they are on sale!!

It would be nice if would search first before you post. there is a thread right here with all the info.....

You can order yours from 88mx6gt guy from Orlando . Hes an honest guy. His importer is expecting around 20 engines to arrive sometime round New Years.

...or you can just "buy it now" at E-bay from the same place i got mine from.

it's your choice...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Thanks Iggy, and yeah, a local shop in Orlando is expecting 8 of them (not 20, but hey). I have a couple sold already. Price is $600+shipping for those who are out of state or $625 for those who are in FL. Those who are close enough to Orlando can come pick it up or I myself can deliver it for a fee. Not sure how much that would be though, a V8 F150 sucks some gas. Probably like $125 or so. Anyways, they are expecting them to be in right before Christmas, and can get shipments of them every month. Motors are complete with harnesses and ecu's (most of them anyways, some got cut by the importer). They are running engines that came out of running cars. If you want more info PM me or email me at [email protected] If you want to see ne click on my Cardomain page link in my sig.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
no problem Tommy.
i paid 35 $ for shipping from Miami to Jax.. fe came on a pallet the next day. its cheaper to ship it on a pallet than have you deliver it by F150.:D

motor is under the hood right now ... needs to be wired ,thogh...i'm using fe ecu and wire harness , maf. couple of connectors are crushed...:( oh well...if it doesn't work out , i'm geting an EMS...

Tommy do you know if steel oil pan is any different in shape than aluminum one????

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Oh yes, steel one is an ugly black thing, aluminum one is a nice metal color. I can try to take some pics later. From what I understand from Jay (which I know may be wrong, this is a highly debated thing it seems on here) steel oil pan indicates low-comp motor, aluminum one indicates high-comp motor. The high comp has the crankshaft braces/supports, aluminum oil pan which has a few different bolts, and has a slightly different crank. Mine is a low comp and Jay's is a high comp and both of our motors are on engine stands right now side by side, so I just learned all this stuff as I saw it on his and was asking some questions. He did give me an aluminum oil pan though. It requires a different oil pickup/strainer thing b/c the low comp ones have an oil pan stiffener and the pick up bolts to it, the aluminum one doesn't have the stiffener so you need the correct pick up for it to bolt in. There is a hole already there on the block, you just need the right one. There are also 2 longer and bigger bolt holes on it I noticed, I just don't know what they do exactly. I may have to find a way to plug those b/c they are quite large. The low comp block doesn't have the larger holes for larger bolts like the high comp block does. I'll try to snap some pics later before we put our oil pans on, but Jay is in a hurry so I don't know if he will wait.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
reason i ask is be cause , check this out your are not gona believe it!!!

We dropped motor in and it sitts on all 4 mounts , but oil pan is sitting on cross member !!! wtf??? it should not be touching anything , right ?

we have to cut out a piece so oil pan can clear it . thats why this project is taking so long to be done.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Really? Hmm, that worries me a bit actually b/c Jay's car is a 90+ and mine is an 88. Maybe something changed a little in those years where it fits his just fine but maybe won't for mine? Hmm.
I'll have to compare the two before I install one or the other. What part hits it and where? Anyway to get pics or no? Let me know and reply please. I should be able to compare them tomorrow and get some pics, so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
oil pan is sitting on cross member(passenger side) .
i can take pics , but it might have been fixed or should i say CUT by my friend . anyways I'll take pics when get chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts