Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

been on the forum awhile but havne't posted to much (mainly part of fordlaser.com)

Anyways I believe this is the best place for me to get some info on the above subject

Next week I can accuire myself a FE3 DOHC engine from a 626 for a rather cheap price.

My Current car is a 1989 BG GTX Sedan with the 1.8 Litre BPDET engine.

I'm wondering if it is possible and a fesiable option to turbo charge and transplant into my car.

I know there will be some modifications needed to be done to fit the engine in as its higher, and most probably wont fit up to my current gear box. Also I'm guessing the Engine mounts will need to be modified also.

Has any one done such a conversion into a 323 before? and if so can some one direct me to the related information regarding the converison?

One more thing how much power can be expected from a turbo charged FE3DET on minimal boost? (I am planning on rebuilding this motor with forged pistons and rods and a triple layered head gasket)

Thanks Troy.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
hi, and welcome.

the conversion can be done into a 323, search auto speed for 323 ute from South Africa.

the gearbox will not bolt up, the top bolts on B engines are spread wider.

hehe, you mixed the Nissan designations into a engine nickname ;). the engine name is Fe DOHC (general, designations change on the options) anyway, im like that i hate when people call engines wrong :rolleyes:

engine mounts are very similar, but will most likely need modifications.

in terms of turbo Fe DOHC, there is a prober here who runs 400+Hp at the front wheels..... the engine does have potential. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont worry I know they are called FE3 DOHC I just like calling it a FE3DET sounds better then just FE3T.

I know about the G.BOX Problem custom belhousing will help out with that but I'm going to pull my horns in and say no to the conversion. I forgot about the engineers certificate needed for the job meaning its alot more $$$$ involved then oringinally thought.

I'll pour the money into the BPT they are good for god knows what HP heard in the states they have one running 500hp... 350 is my main aim (200awkw's)

well thanks for the advice ... I'll contine on my way now :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts