Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, these are some pics about the progress of my project, we start to get the engine to the enginebay this monday and this is how its going today wednesday. 70% of work its done

Here some pics... Enjoy

This is the modified engine mount

This is the new turbo for my project...

This is the comparation with the old turbo in the left

I've been update this topic when i have more pics

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
looks good. let me know how it goes and if you need any more advice on the finer points of the swap.

btw, what are the specs on that turbo? where did you get it from?

still interested in the exhaust manifold?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJ_JaKe said:
looks good. let me know how it goes and if you need any more advice on the finer points of the swap.

btw, what are the specs on that turbo? where did you get it from?

still interested in the exhaust manifold?
Im really interested for the exhaust manifold, i sent to you a private message

That turbo is a Garrett TO4E .60trim with .63 stge 3

The original turbo was a TO4B V1/V2 with .63 stge 2, that was my turbo in the BP engine

Check ur PM and let me know

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i forget this pic

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DJ_JaKe said:
i didnt get any reply from you when i sent the picture.
so Weird, i send to u again

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
One question..
What is the gearbox from ?

The fact that its cable clutch and is doesn't have the top gearbox mount, i am assuming its a GC gearbox ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The gearbox was from a F2 N/A with some modifications inside

cam22t said:
One question..
What is the gearbox from ?

The fact that its cable clutch and is doesn't have the top gearbox mount, i am assuming its a GC gearbox ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For now, i leave the engine as it is. in a couple of months, if the engine dont have any problems, im going to put a forged pistons

evo626 said:
Please tell me your going to do some work on that engine before you boost it? If you dont do the valve springs you wont be able to rev to 7k.
Looks neat though.
evo

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Sweet. Modifications eh? What does that consist of... MSP LSD? Keep us updated for sure! With the n/a trans that means you can use the GS axles still and dont have to mess with the hubs, correct?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im working with the Axles now. for the moment, i dont have to work the hubs but i need some modification to fit the axles. To make the LSD function, we welded for make it posi.

Today, the engine was fited complete and we working now in the axles and the ECU harness. I hope start cranking the engine tomorrow friday. wish me luck

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
discretelyelite said:
looks like a fun project, nice work so far
something like that. i have my daily driving car and that mx3 i bought it cheap and make my project to drag race but in street category

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NSXR said:
Nice work Rafi ...

Hey Discretelyelite ... anything new on your project?

Peace
NSXR
If u mean new like never used, ummmm not really, i have a BP Turbo engine on the car. i just make a new set up with another engine, turbo, ecu, but its a low budget project for my personal satisfaction.

Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
NSXR said:
Nice work Rafi ...

Hey Discretelyelite ... anything new on your project?

Peace
NSXR
unfortunately its been a unproductive fall/winter
for my project. I was set on buying another car but couldnt get a loan. The company i was working for went out of business and I've just been soaking up unemployment and going to school. While its decent money its not much to build an engine on :tdown:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts