Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

281 - 292 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
They are from taiwan but they look quality, for whatever thats worth. Mine will be in the car in a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So now i've seen quite a lot of these installs "how to's".

(Mine's still in the box btw)

I never see anyone checking the bearing preload?

They just drop in the diff and go.

The mazda kit for preload is nowhere to be found or more expensive than the diff itself.

But is there a way people check preload, or does it not matter that much for these boxes?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed mine will all new bearings inside the transmission and plate modded rear case. You can find the tool kits used on ebay for a decent price and you need a special torque wrench to do it properly.

This is not a how-to but I did take some pictures of the process. It was a good thing I checked mine since it was far off the original shims I removed.

300zx's ELX work log - Page 32

·
Registered
26 Posts
I picked up both kits needed on eBay for about $120. Buy a used one from ebay. I can give you the correct kit part numbers when I get home because there are several that look the same but they are actually all different.

·
Registered
672 Posts
got mine installed. ~4000 miles on it. altho the p5 its in is so damn poochy i couldn't tell you how the engagement really is. It certainly feels different then before with an open diff.

281 - 292 of 292 Posts