Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is just a FEELER to check out the interest in these parts.
There is nothing being sold in this thread.
Feeler Approved by Goatcrapp

I am trying to decide on what parts I will sell in a upcoming bulk buy
If your new and haven’t been following my past interest thread, heres what id like to offer:

Motor Mount Details:

All of the motor mounts I offer are made using PROTHANE Polyurethane Bushings. The materials used for many of these mounts are in 3/16 -1/4" thickness, and DOM tubing. They are designed to be very strong and last much longer then a stock mount. Each mount is individually made and test fitted to ensure fitment on the application its for. Every mount gets painted gloss black, unless the buyer specifies they would like to paint it.

Every mount includes ½ hardware to take up any slop that might have been worn into the mount bracket. A small amount of dremeling may be needed to widen the bolt hole on the bracket if yours is not wore. Using the stock bolt will work, however it will not be a tight fit in the new poly mount

Info On Poly Mounts:
Polyurethane motor and transmission mounts help reduce drive train flex exaggerated by tired rubber mounts. Polyurethane motor and transmission mounts help eliminate chatter, missed shifts and the sometimes broken parts associated with driveline flex.

The mounts I may be offering are, Front, Rear, Passenger Side, and Transmission. If you are interested, Please specify the mount(s) you are interested in. (a BB will only be ran for those of most interest)

Prices will be under $100 pr mount, shipping/confirmation/paypal fee included.
(Sorry I cannot post actual prices until a sponsorship is paid for)

Modified Front Cross Members
Based off the PMO and PRM designs, but with a K6F added touch.
I used smaller end brackets with 4 mounting points instead of 8. Less material =Less weight, 4 Less bolts = easier installation. (the 8 hole brackets can be an option) also added 2 extra mounts to bolt in the stock cross member location under the radiator. This increases strength and reduces stress on the cross member

Designed for the ease of installing turbo setups on the 2.5 Mx6, Probe, and 626. These Cross members are bolt on without modification. They replace your stock cross member and are built to last!. Every cross member will get a light coating of primer, user painting suggested.

Constructed of 1.50 ID .120 DOM tubing, 3/16" gussets and 1/4" support brackets.
**SCH40 Can be substituted for DOM for lower cost

There would be 2 options to choose from.
  1. Stock replacement cross member that uses the stock motor mount
  2. Modified Cross member, with built in front poly motor mount

For Detailed pictures,
Visit my album emxsix/K6F - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Prices will be under $200pr cross member, shipping/confirmation/paypal fee included.

Rear Cross Member

A K6F Custom. Each Cross Member can be designed to fit your custom setup, or be a lightweight stock replacement. You Pick your style and materials, DOM tubing for increase strength or SCH40 for lower cost.. Designed around your needs, Up to 3inch of down pipe clearance can be added

examples:

emxsix/K6F/new - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Prices will be under $160 pr cross member (for most styles), shipping/confirmation/paypal fee included.

As always, the parts I may offer can be subject to any improvements/changes per the buyers request/additional expense,

If your interested, please post what you are interested in. Those who do not specify, will not be counted.

Any Questions, don’t hesitate to ask.:tup:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
the trans mount is no where near the tranny saver bracket location.

the trans mount is just inside the fuse box. the rear mount is the one by the tranny saver location.

and if i WAS going to buy one, the transmission one would be the one i'de get.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I already have the front and rear inserts with new mounts. So I'd be intersted in the pass. side and trans mounts. Possibly the front cross member too.

Nice work as usual King.:tup:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Driver side tranny mount, hopefully in the future the front and rear. Also king, I looked at your site you are working on, nice.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
passenger

rear

modified front cross with motor mount

will do those three for sure

turbo is too far off for me to realistically pick a rear cross member yet

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
THAT sounds like something I would be interested in. Any rough drawings yet?
ya i'm ok with a softer mount on the tranny right now with harder ones in the other spots to prevent movement....but the cradle sounds interesting.

i'm wondering how to give this thread more exposure since its tucked away a bit...and i want these dang things to get made

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The stock trani mounts are pretty solid, of the 5 Ive removed or inspected over the years. ive never seen one that didnt look newish yet. They have plastic spacers that cover the actual rubber inside, so the rubber remains new looking, and I havent seen any that were cracked at all really. But some people requested that I do the trans mount in poly.. so they can complete a set.

Only rough drawing

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm wondering how to give this thread more exposure since its tucked away a bit...and i want these dang things to get made
I havent shared the feeler on any other websites

Whatever I end up doing, Ill have my website link up, any parts Im not offering in a BB you can get from me directly, however it will cost more. Running a BB allows me to buy all materials in bulk and make them all at the same time. Saves me time, saves $ on materials and makes things go much quicker.

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Tranny mount and im waiting to see how that^ comes out.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I havent shared the feeler on any other websites

Whatever I end up doing, Ill have my website link up, any parts Im not offering in a BB you can get from me directly, however it will cost more. Running a BB allows me to buy all materials in bulk and make them all at the same time. Saves me time, saves $ on materials and makes things go much quicker.
ya i'm just hoping people see this so we can gather all interested (thus this mildly useless post bumping the thread back to the top)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice work. I am in on 2 transmission mounts and 2 stock replacement x-member. I may also want 2 rear x-member if I do need them with the ssac pipes.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I will take one of the rear cross member mounts too. (In the list of everything else I asked for)

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
So the new rear mount you will be designing will have a transsaver/bracket built in? Im interested in the other side (trans) mount and a rear but if you are designing a new rear then I will take that instead. What ever makes the box less likely to flex really.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Too far off for me to decide on a rear cross member, but I am interested in the front; preferably without the integrated mount.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts