Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i bought myself the most expansive piece of metal / toy / furniture in my 20 years of living and i'm damn proud of it, anything past 3000rpm is sweet...

just wondering how many of u guys r out there, i hope i'm not the only one here, it'll be good to have a chat or meet up one day

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am after a performance exhaust system for 1st gen turbo. Do you guys know of any good cheap places?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I spoke to vin and he told me that he could do it for between $1300 and $1500. He suggested that i go to an exhaust centre and have it done and then have my car dyno tuned after. Found a really good exhaust centre in ringood, across from mazda. He said $700 for mild steel 3 inch and hi flow cat and muffler. Way to go, give it to me!!! Getting it done next week after I pay my two camera fines $210. Got done on highbury road overtaking and in hawthorn, not happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just wondering

can u guys list any mods u've done, where to do them, performance gain and price?

actually i'm more looking for repairs than anything, got my front smashed a bit... mechanically fine but not a good look. anyone had any repairs done? i just wanna have a rough estimate for price and location here

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yea, for body work go to pilgrim crt in Ringwood. You will see a body rapair shop with heaps of rice burners there. Had my g/f honda repaired there. They were the cheapest and willing to negociate on any cash job!!! They did a pritty good job. For any mechanical mod, go to L.A. Performance in Oakleigh, cannot go wrong here, trust me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u guys have any idea where or how i can find cheap (as cheap as possible) parts to repair my car? things like side mirror, headlight, bumpers... should i get the mechanics to find me 2nd hand parts or can i find it cheaper myself?

·
Registered
886 Posts
ouch ! 2 speeding fines ! I was "lucky" enough to be caught doing 78Km/h in a 70km/h zone.....a lousy 8km/h over the limit. What a dangerous driver I am.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The other day during my postie work i pulled up to a camera man and asked him how it all works. He said that a laser beam is shon diagionally across the road and when a car passes it registes its speed instantaniously. He also said that in a 60 zone the cameras are set at 70, they are all set 10km/h above the limit. So both of my fines are for doing 7km/h over, but infact i was doing 10km/h over and my speed is rounded down for speedo error.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
question on petrol

hey, do u guys use normal unlead or premium/optimax?

i started using optimax last refill, pretty proud of myself 'cos i paid 93.5c and today the unleaded was 97.5c... hehe...

but that's not the question... i found that i've totally lost my lower end torque! i stalled my car today and i haven't done that for a while. everytime i take off from a light i feel the engine bogs down and if i'm too fast on the clutch i'll stall. what's the deal man? but i do find that getting from 2000 - 3000 was slightly smoother, haven't tried to push it yet.

well we did have very hot weather for the last few days, i guess everyone's car's not performing that well 'cos of that

·
Registered
428 Posts
I perfer to use optimax but sometimes the BP servo is alot cheaper, so i just use premium. Only use unleaded if i have too.

I don't know what the deal with your car "bogging down" is about, use a injector cleaner/octane boost next time you fill up.

What kind of milage are you guys getting, i get about 380-400 on hard driving but 650 on highway. Once had 697km off one tank thanks to cruise control.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree that Optimax is better. It's recommended that if you use it in at least one of every three fill ups it will help your engine... hehe.. yes i know, i sound like a Shell employee (which is not far off because Shell is one of our main clients at work)but I do actually feel more power with Optimax...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey guys, do u know where i can find a junk yard/pick-a-part for my 1st gen mx6? i need to get a few things replaced

·
Registered
428 Posts
there is one on clayton road clayton. The number is something like 167? Think they are mazda wreckers, check the yellow pages!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts