Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a fiber glass hood on their 1st gen? I was thinking about a getting a custom one, with an air duct that goes straight to the Air Filter. I got this idea, watching Horse Power TV on TNN. There was a 4.6L Mustang with a custom scoop in the hood, and it had an air duct that lead to a custom air filter box.

·
Registered
405 Posts
if you investigate the hood let me know. i am interested in a custom hood as well. the hood scoop would be a nice addition as well. there was a carbon fiber deal going on, i dont care for it all that well. also i dont think the quality was going to be all that great. i mean the price dropped from a grand to 499? hmm, sounds fishy to me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Fiberglass would be cool, carbon fiber would be outstanding. I have a friend who does custom carbon fiber pieces, I was thinking dash trim. But, now I'm gonna find out about a hood!
Great idea.
I got a hood scoop off a 1984 Nissan 300ZX turbo. MX6Rocket over on the yahoo club has one and it really looks good. He cut a hole in the hood and made it functional too. I think I'm gonna do the same, when I have the money for a paint job. Primer black just doesn't mix well with blue.
Ah well..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a bunch of apperance mods I wanna do to my car, once I get some time, I'm gonna photoshop some modz, I'm currently working on making my own design for my guage faces, but so far, I like how they look stock. Unless I know what my interior of my car will look like will greatly affect what my guages could look like. Down south there's a bunch of shops that do custom work, i'm sure they have some around washington, but i'm not looking at the right places.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
im not sure where is intercooler on Turbos, but custom fitted on top could take advantage of WRX scoop function.

A

·
0 Posts
the intercooler on aust delivered mx6 turbos is front mounted - top entry on the passenger side infront of the radiator next to the thermofan for the a/c

1 - 7 of 7 Posts