Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new friction surface for my flywheel(Fidanza PN 229501) and it's the correct diameter but the holes aren't even close to matching up. #1 - Did I order the wrong PN and there is more than one PN for a 240mm friction plate? #2 - Did they change the bolt pattern on the flywheel sometime after it was introduced? #3 - Did I just get a bunk part?

Old

New

Side by side

:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I think you should send a photo with the number of holes highlighted on your original vs. the part tthey send you, its obvious they removed one bolt from both bolt circles.

If you had the correct pt# you should not be resposnsible for any changed they made in their product.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
How old is your Fidanza? Its very possible that a change was made over the years.

The replacement friction surface matches mine (2005 vintage)

Gavin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How old is your Fidanza? Its very possible that a change was made over the years. The replacement friction surface matches mine (2005 vintage)

Gavin
The flywheel was put on by Jeff(jphillips626) back when he owned the car (til Aug '07). It had 5k on it when defiler bought it.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Well, thats kinda what I meant. While purchase date doesnt account for how long something has been on a shelf, at least I know when my fidanza was purchased(giving me a rough estimate of when it was made). You currently do not as its been through two sets of hands already.

Given the limited amount of info here, one could assume that since the current friction surface(what you got) matches the 4yr old flywheel I have, that the flywheel you have is at least older than 4yrs old. Thats one conclusion at least.

Your best bet is going to be calling fidanza and seeing if there is an alternate friction surface for that unit....or redrilling the item you have.

Gavin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed Fidanza last night. I hopefully will hear back from them on Monday. I'll post any info I can for future reference.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fidanza emailed me back today. They did change from a 20 to an 18 hole friction plate. They are sending me the correct plate free of charge.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
i love fidanza. there one of the few aftermarket companies that ive always been really happy with everytime ive had to email them or call for any reason.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Now that is good customer satisfaction!! Good to see a company stand behind what they make, no matter the revision!! THumbs up to Fidanza!! Now if they would do a bulk buy, oh wait, no one here would buy, oh well ....

·
Registered
564 Posts
i'd buy one. but right now my 6 is dead(tranny) and im working on my trcuk right now so im broke for a little while :/

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I returned the plate to the other vendor for a refund and received a 20 bolt plate from fidanza FOR FREE. The only cost I incurred was the cost of shipping for the wrong plate I received in the first place. Fidenza rocks!:tup:

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
what did you pay for that insert originally? i might wanna buy one just to have when i need it

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
oh nice, for that price i might get 2. thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts