Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering,
I have read on posts that the mx-3 flywheel weighs 15 or so less that the stock flywheel. Does anyone know the weight comparison of a mx-3 flywheel to that of a Fidanza flywheel.

I know the stock flywheel is 23 lbs and the Fidanza is 9 lbs

I am just wondering why anyone would want to spend ungodly amounts of money if they can get a flywheel that weighs relativly the same as the Fidanza.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
95mx-6lsv6 said:
Just wondering,
I have read on posts that the mx-3 flywheel weighs 15 or so less that the stock flywheel. Does anyone know the weight comparison of a mx-3 flywheel to that of a Fidanza flywheel.

I know the stock flywheel is 23 lbs and the Fidanza is 9 lbs

I am just wondering why anyone would want to spend ungodly amounts of money if they can get a flywheel that weighs relativly the same as the Fidanza.
My MX3 after machined was about 13lbs.

That said, the moment of inertia of the Fidanza may be considerably less than the MX3, pound for pound. Also, it has a replaceable friction surface, and is likely considerably stronger.(i.e. less likely to blow up and rip your ankles off)

-Garrett

·
Registered
341 Posts
true.
it also new;)
(Mx3 is 90% you buy its used, so No warranty):E

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
go fidanza all the way...

Fidanza (9 lbs) - Like Gaining ~17 WHP (in 1st Gear)

MX-3 (16 lbs) - Like Gaining ~7 WHP (in 1st Gear)

You can definately feel a big difference...i know the fidanza is alot more...but think about it this way....this flywheel was made for racing...a stock flywheel was never made for abuse

I give it :tup: :tup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts