Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the option of a K&N filter for my box or a intake kit made by K&N. I want to get the intake thing the most. And if my limited knowledge of cars is right the intake is a smarter choice, right?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
the intake will allow for a lot more air to enter the intake manifold and then then the engine so more air more HP look around on ehre and u will see tons of stuff about intakes PRM makes a good one hot shots does too and then HKS

·
Registered
41 Posts
Intake kit?? Where did you see that. As far as I know the only thing made by k&N is the air filter for our cars instead of the box.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think that's what he's refering to. I remember when I first bought a Cone filter, I went to the sport shops and they told me that what I wanted was a "K&N Filtercharger Kit" I was like OK. Then I was expecting an entire kind of kit that came with the cold air tube and adapters and such but when I opened the box, all that was in there was a stupid K&N cone filter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
can you show the website for this??? cuz I was thinking like Jorge about the K&N filter. only the filter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah he's righ, I saw the typhoon on their website. But if they make it for our cars, I dunno. I emailed a tech to get some info. But if they make it I think I'll get that one instead of the prm.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ohh right.... I'm sorry.... Hey but you know what... I saw a twin turbo setup by Mazdaspeed for an RX7 but that doesnt mean they make it for our cars. LOL :cool:

I'd be nice though. I'd definitely get a K&N Cold air intake tube and filter over any other intake like Hotshot or PRM. I really doubt that they make an application for our cars. Maybe if we all e-mail them or get some sort of petition going, they'll make one for the KL03 Engine...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope once again!

Yeah they do make it to fit our cars! My dad knows a place that sells all sorts of stuff for imports and that is what the dude said that you can get for our cars!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry to rain on the parade but, a friend of mine just bought the K&N kit about a month ago and Jorge is right. It's only the cone, a bracket, and a hose clamp. Unless of course something has changed in the last month. He was told that they don't make the Typhoon for MX-6's, and that this was the only "kit" K&N built. Oh, and he had to special order it, so the guy at the shop asked if they had anything else and the people at K&N said no.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts