Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Title should read " Finally an APPEARANCE update to my 6"....what an idiot lol

Well I bought my 6 about 2 years ago. It wasnt pretty when I bought it, severely oxidized and the interior is cracked and dry beyond belief. Hell the car wasnt even running. The whole time I had it I told myself I would paint it as soon as it was running "right". Well, first it had electrical problems. Kept frying alternators and batteries. I swear the cv boots had powder in both of them instead of grease. Replaced them both. Unfortunately I had one axle snap before I could replace it which sent me to the curb at 25+ cracking my rim, ripping the control arm bolt from its bracket, ripped the strut from its mount and some body damage to the fender and door. I recently had a transmission replaced yadda yadda. You get the point. Ive put alot of work into this car but no fun stuff! Just stuff it needs to run. NOW! With that being said, im happy to say (aside from bad tie rods which are being replaced tomorrow) my car is running beautifully now! So I finally ended up getting a paint job! No more wd-40 to make my hood look decent. Tell me what you think.
Plans for the VERY near future:
- Custom tinted tails
- Powder coat wheels to match car
- 15mm spacers
- Lower it :tup:
- I have a spare spoilerless trunk which was painted black also because I couldnt decide on spoiler or not :rolleyes:

Pics of when I first got her! (Not in color cuz I was embarrassed of the paint :(

After I got my M6 wheels

Yeah now you can see why I was embarrassed...

Same parts of car this time coated in wd-40. (only thing I could find to make my terrible paint look ok)

After a wash and wd-40 application lol

Pics of my car at the body shop :)

And now finally, pics of my car taken a few minutes ago on my Sidekick. (Forgive me if theyre blurry, ill have a photo shoot soon :) )

Ill be cleaning up the hood cowl and window trims probably this weekend too. So she'll be super pretty. =)

Hope you like. And if not. Oh well. Cheers. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow nice paint job. Looks real clean.

How much did they charge you for the paint job? (Thinking about getting mine painted a different color)

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow nice paint job. Looks real clean.

How much did they charge you for the paint job? (Thinking about getting mine painted a different color)

Thanks alot. Feels good to have someone say they like my paint lol

Well here is what I had on the work order:
- Color change to black
- Straighten fender and door
- Roll all four fenders (did it now instead of waiting)
- Paint extra trunk
- Paint door jambs/decklid/under hood.
- I had them put on new splash guards and a new gas lid.

That total was 1027.27. It was a private owned body shop across the street from my work. I see them do awesome jobs on their cars and I figured why not. Not dissapointed :D

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yess the fresh paint is pr0n! Glad you like though. You should trade the millenia stockies for some m6's so we could star our cars in a Doublemint commercial. Haha. Oh after the tinted tails. ( I pay attention ;) )

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I sold the chromies to Bshark a while ago I just got steelies with my winter tires on right now and the stockers are sittin in the shed. i'm lookin to get a set of probe GT rims and powdercoat them gold :D

oh PS pics need to be bigger! :) lol

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha sorry about the pics. They are all from my phone. Its so inconvenient to me to have to plug my camera into my computer lol :rolleyes:
But like I said, ill have a lil photo shoot soon. No pro pics but you ketch ma drift.

I think gold and black = win. It'll look good. :tup:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
lookin sick man! id love to see the pics of the prepwork if u have any.

paint looks sick! and looks like they have a huge booth.. im jelouse!!!!

but lookin great man! whats next on the list? mby some clear sidemarker lights.. if i still have mine ill give them to you for free.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lookin sick man! id love to see the pics of the prepwork if u have any.

paint looks sick! and looks like they have a huge booth.. im jelouse!!!!

but lookin great man! whats next on the list? mby some clear sidemarker lights.. if i still have mine ill give them to you for free.
Seein as the shop was right across the street from my job I was over there every break and lunch time just watching them work on my car. I think I was in lala land when the manager said he would give my the pics of the prep work. I think he was saying he was documenting each stage. So ill post when I get them! :)

Unfortunately though they couldnt save my fender or door hinges lol. So they ordered replacement ones free and said I can take my car home in the meantime since he said I looked like a sick puppy walkin back and forth across the street lol. So the parts should be in and painted this weekend, monday when I get to work ill park it at the shop and pick it up when its done :tup:

Dude those clears would be awesome if you had them! Those were actually on the list! I actually sanded down my lights (400, 800, 1000, 2000 and some scratch remover), but I think im gonna redo my passenger side one as its still a little hazy. Chefs fog mod will be done this weekend as well. Im slowly gonna start converting the interior to black too. I seen a clean dash at the junkyard last weekend :D. By next weekend I will have done the tinted tails and leds for the brake lights(gotta watch for coppers!;) ). I will definitely update this thread with each little "mod" I make. Have a good weekend!

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweeeet. Good lookin out man! Obviously I'd handle the shipping. Karma to you. Any plans for the 6 this weekend? I'm gonna do soe renovating myself. Just don't know where to start yet :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
aww man you never offered me free clear corner :( lol

when I did my headlights I wet sanded them right up to 2000 grit then I used a polishing compound, put that on by hand, let it sit for a couple minutes then used a dremel with a polishing cloth and it brought them right up to pretty much brand new :tup:

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^that's exactly what I did minus the dremel last night. I was gonna start on the fogs tonight but I'm just barely gettin home (gf's drivin and I'm kickin my feet up on the passenger side surfin on my sidekick ;) )
So ill be havin a long day ahead of me before tomorrow night. Off to the junk yard tomorrow morning, getting the dash, fender and door bracket. Dropping them off at the paint shop before 1pm. Then I have to grab some beer, jack my car up and do my inner and outer tie rods. Get an alignment, 2 new tires. Clean the fahk out of the engine bay maybe polish some shit up. Clean the disty cap and rotor because I think its over due. Install the new CAI I got. Wash my baby and hit the streets! Yeah...long day lol

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
lol I have an obsession with cleaning everything when i'm working on my car! especially the front end parts!... CAI only took me about 5 minutes to install lol polishing the valve cover and intake mani takes foreverrr! especially when its still on the car... the thing I like about livin in canada is I dont gotta replace the disty cap til spring! Lol it arcs like crazy between the posts if its above freezing and raining/damp outside but when everything is all froze up she runs nice and smooth :D

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^Oh! Well I stand corrected. CF_Z's fog mod. Got mixed up cuz I seen you talkin bout it in another thread yesterday. Thanks for the compliment!

Redbond:

Yeah the CAI will take 10 minutes at absolute most. Idk why they say it takes an hour or so lol. And I live in phoenix where you really don't have to wear a jacket in January so, yep! Time to mess with the disty lol.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok. So far ive cleaned up my window trim(s) and hood cowl :tup: (all thanks to 2G FAQ's/Projects section ;) ) This weekend im gonna work on tinting my tails. No pics because my fenders being straightened in the body shop right now :)

1 - 20 of 197 Posts