Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
210hp and 279tq @ 19psi creeping to 17psi. just wondering if this is about right for my setup. tbird hybrid, aftermarket intercooler, zombie chip, stock fuel system (still running high 9s afr wtf).

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
good numbers but you're pushing the tbird into self-destructo mode running that much boost. I wouldn't running anything more that 16psi out of it. You will certainly limit the life of the turbo if you continue to run that high.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Snap the Turbine shaft in half.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
bored at work:

i'd say its a bit stressed

*Edit* pic got removed - it was a plot of where you are on the T-bird compressor map. - completely off it to the right.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
nice numbers......im running 15 psi on the tbird and its a couple car lengths faster than my friends 07 Fahrenheit GTI.

im curious is to how you arent leaning out on the stock fuel system????

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
(still running high 9s afr wtf).
they need to recalibrate that wideband, because its not reading accurately. that much boost on a tbird is just producing heat in that turbine housing and it will be too late by the time you notice

·
Registered
2,815 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
holy crap i've been running it that way for about a year. i'll be sure to keep that in mind. my afr have been low ever since i put the chip in and thats at any boost. his afr numbers and my lm1 numbers are in line, ive been trying to fix this afr problem for some time now. well i am definitely ready to go squirt and i need a turbo that is going to max out the potential of the f2t without blowing the wheels off at 1500 rpm any suggestions

·
Registered
104 Posts
With the T-bird and 16-17 psi i made 213whp So the numbers you got are just about right. though your afr's look either way off or something is wrong. i maxed out my stock fuel system at 17psi boost, i was at like high 12's.

as for a new turbo my suggestion is get a big 16g evo turbo spools quick and has a great power band. only thing is you need to be squirted to really get the best use of that turbo, which probably pretty much goes with any bigger turbo then t-bird. :shrug:

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Or you could use a 60 trim off a Tbird , merkur which i have for sale :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
With the T-bird and 16-17 psi i made 213whp So the numbers you got are just about right. though your afr's look either way off or something is wrong. i maxed out my stock fuel system at 17psi boost, i was at like high 12's.

as for a new turbo my suggestion is get a big 16g evo turbo spools quick and has a great power band. only thing is you need to be squirted to really get the best use of that turbo, which probably pretty much goes with any bigger turbo then t-bird. :shrug:

213whp??? What other mods or things did you do to get that? All my mods are in my sig....

I've seen the 60 trim from a tbird in person before. Hurry up and buy it from keeloh.

edit: i also just bought a new air filter like 30 mins ago. Sure beats the 2 1/2 year old one that is dirty as fuck and makes the turbo spool better

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
213whp??? What other mods or things did you do to get that? All my mods are in my sig....

I've seen the 60 trim from a tbird in person before. Hurry up and buy it from keeloh.

edit: i also just bought a new air filter like 30 mins ago. Sure beats the 2 1/2 year old one that is dirty as [fizzle] and makes the turbo spool better
60 Trim SOLD :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts