Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and want to say thanks to all. All the write ups and diagrams for the vac lines helped alot. I can feel and hear the difference between the DE and ZE intakes. I didn't think there would be that much of a difference but there is. The only problem that occured was getting it to idle and run properly upon acceleration. Had to reset the TPS four times to get it right, that sucked. But she runs good now and next week I tackle the HEI and external coil conversion.

I'll be hitting a dyno in early Jan to see what I'm putting down. Since I already believe my ZE to be a factory freak, I'm hoping for some better than average numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
im assuming youve already got ZE heads/bottom end on it? and somehow just had a de mani on it?

but glad to hear its making good power

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sorry. I've had a ZE in it since I got it. The previous owner said he couldn't get the car to run right with the ZE intake so he put the DE back on. I have been doing other mods since I got the car, finally got around to getting the Outlaw Engineering spacers and decided it was time to put the intake on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts