Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, I know. It's mostly stock. You don't see the Hawk pads, 626 rear bar, short shifter, or RR bushings.

This is the car that used to belong to Rev N Kevin. He wanted my '95 626 bad enough to trade this for it. We were both happy!

I spent the season autocrossing it & took 3rd for the season in stock class. Just can't touch those Minis!

Enjoy!

http://photobucket.com/albums/a51/trccc/1994%20MX-6/?action=view&slideshow=true

Tim

·
Registered
304 Posts
Other than the badge everything looks good. Not a fan of that badge cuz one it doesnt belong on the car and two its too big, but its your car do what you want.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
MX-six said:
Other than the badge everything looks good. Not a fan of that badge cuz one it doesnt belong on the car and two its too big, but its your car do what you want.
You might as well ahve just quoted KING6 :freak:

Car looks good! IF you inveted in a good suspension setup I'm sure those times would drop and your placing go up.
Car looks good otherwise! :tup:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Well, to each his own. I personally don't like it either. However, nice clean 6! :) Keep it that way now and you'll enjoy it for some time.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
What kind of exhaust is that?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Mazda emblem was on the car when I got it. At first I thought about taking it off because it wasn't used for that year. I decided to leave it on mostly because of what it would do to the hood if I removed it. Now, it's grown on me. I know my car when I see it!

I re-did the driver seat. I bought the leather from a passenger seat from Hughes. The seat bottom was a direct fit, so I changed that myself. I still had a hog ring pliers & hog rings from my Mustang restoration, so that was easier. I didn't really want to tackle the seat back, so I farmed that job out. All total I spent a little over $100 on the seat. I felt it was worth it.

As far as the suspension, I have a set of Tokico Blues with Eibachs on them. I was just waiting for the season to end so I could put them on! I'm planning on moving from stock class next year and I'll be legal to change the springs. I also have an Addco bar but I don't know if I'll use it yet or not. The 626 bar did wonders for tightening up the car.

The muffler - Kevin (who I bought the car from) works for Mac exhaust. According to him, that muffler is normally used on the Mustang Cobra. Of course, on the Cobra, it's upstream in the exhaust so he put a different tip on it. It's almost too loud for the street (it only passes PA sound because the car is pre-96!) but sounds great on the track! You definitely know when I'm on the throttle!

Thanks for the compliments!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts