Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home today and hit a stop light. I had been wanting to race but no one was around. Finally at the last posseble(?) light a got a chance. I saw a pair of headlights coming up and hot dam if it wasnt a riced accord. I have been itchn to race one of these guys for awhile but just never got the chance. It was at least a six year old one but he had put alot of money in it. Ground effects, a little paint, lowering, requisite coffe can muffler, and facia. I didnt even look at him cause I knew he would go. I just floored it and he followed. I had a car length on him most of the way and pulled steadly away as we neared sixty. Once I had three lengths I really needed over so I got in his lane and backed off. He stayed for awhile then veared out and ran right up into my blind spot. He just stayed right in my rear quarter, it was weird, maybe he still wanted to race. I was going to give him a high sign of something to show good sport but I never actually saw the driver. It was weird. But I was happy!

G

·
0 Posts
Good kill man, yesterday i got busted up by one of the new accords with the vtec v6. It was some punk in his mommys car, but damn even though i HATE honduhs i have to admit those are pretty quick cars.

G

·
0 Posts
accrds..

good kill.. man i hate those accords.. i remember i stuck one of those V6' accords with a dual catback exhaust and i guess it was pretty riced out.. it was dropped.. i got a lil lead and kept it the whole way.. and then this dumb ricer was all looin at me like i stole suttin.. i guess he couldnt look at his girlfriend because i guess, it would be embarassing to get my ass kicked to a NON-VTEC V6 like the MX-6.... i beat him.. i see this dude all the time too.. but he never wanted to race everytime i pull up to him.. lil pussy... but yeah.. good kill tho..

G

·
0 Posts
The new ones aren't fast. Probably 16 second 1/4 mile. Is your car an auto blade?

·
Registered
44 Posts
yea man good kill... you what sux though...i keep up with a V6 accord last week...i held my own with my 5 speed I4 94, but after i raced him i met a new Monte Carlo, not even an SS, and it put me in the dust.. man Chevy's are getting faster i dont know what to think

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, that 3.8 V6 is amazing. GM has done wonderous things with there old motors, that cant really be desputed. Of course you have to ask youself, would I be caught dead in that ugly hunk of scap metal or have people comment on how cool your car is, then ask what the hell it is. Thats what you get with the Mx6 that you could never get with a Chevy,Ford,Chrysler. Athough I do like most of the new Fords. GM is doing a hell of a job tying to give market dominace back to Ford. They are making some uggglllyyy (Chevy Monte Carlo, Impala, Avalance,:pontiac anything: Oldsmobile Auroa, which I used to like until the redesign) automobiles!

·
Registered
44 Posts
GM CARS ARENT UGLY

i agree that GM has definitly made some advancements in their engines in recent years. However, i can maybe see u not liking the new look of the Impala, but i cant see how anyone doesnt like the new Monte SS's...yes they are big but i think they're so PHAT.. and if u get a chance to drive one u'll be more impressed at how smooth it handles and how good it accelerates.....i say wait until u see whats in store for Oldsmobile in the very near future...they have a special vehicle team like ford coming up only these cars will have REAL balls and actually look good...and i dont see how anyone can think any pontiac CAR is ugly and obvious the VETTE is sheer beauty

·
Registered
379 Posts
Right on about the powertrains. Side note: At the SEMA show in Las Vegas, Oldsmobile showed a new OSV Intrigue concept car with a Northstar powertrain under the hood. GM better get off its ass and build that M-Fer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
was it a v6 or the older 4 banger, cause i know those older early 90s pre-vtec 4bangers where soo slow, this dude at our track ran a 14.9 with a shit load of mods (header, race cat, exhaust, cam gears, 75hp shot of nos, and slicks) hahaha that fuking sucks. but then again a SC(8psi) gsr hybrid CRX ran 14.5 of slicks to, so maybe that was fast who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts