Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know... I've been on this lurking on this site for over 3 1/2 years but since my old sign on expired (due to lack of activity), I have to be restricted like a newby... Oh well... Thanks for helping out

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty proud of it... I wish I had taken pics of it when I bought it in summer of '02. Faded paint, rotted hanging exhaust, stock everything, and ride hight like it was a 4X4... But, it had potential! It's come a long way, and I have many more mods in store for it... I just hope the miles don't do it in... I'm at 170K miles, with no major repairs... I did have some trouble with reliability a few months ago which I had posted about, and spent many hours and dollars trying to track down... It turned out to be a bad coolant temp sensor for $18... Live and learn

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
NICE!!!!! Love seeing other 5A on this site!! Best color EVAR!!!

I noticed your car on Cardomain when I was at work. I LOVED IT. Or maybe it was somewhere else?? I dont really remember.

BTW, Love the muffler. Ive been looking at mufflers like that for my car.
Your car has made my get one. Hahaha. Very nice.

What problems did you have to spend so much money?? What symptoms??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Ray! I'm glad I've been able to inspire you... You're setup has inspired my car over the years also.... I was heartbroken when you wrecked your car a while back, I'm glad it's back together...

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Dang, that was a LONG time ago. You remember that??
It sucked..... I cryed.

Glad that I could inspire you to keep your car also. It looks VERY nice!!!
Wait till me new set-up. HEHEHE!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THe car would be running fine and out of nowhere it would act like it was running on 2 cylinders for about 30 seconds and would clear up again... It started out that it only happened once or twice a week, but it became more frequent to the point where it was everytime I drove it... I could almost put up with that, however, the other symptom that I could not live with was that the car would sometimes not start (it would crank but not fire)... It would do this about 50% of the time, leaving me stranded with no warning.

I consulted MX6.com and got everything from dizzy to fuel to worn rings. I started replacing parts blindly trying to track down the issue. Which is where I did some of my recent upgrades, Walbro 190, Blaster 2. I also replaced the dizzy, cap and rotor, plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter with no permanent solution. I finally went back to the ecm to review the error codes and found 3 at that time VAF, EGR valve sensor, amd coolant temp sensor. I still have to do the EGR sensor.

I replaced the coolant temp sensor 2 months ago and it has been great ever since

Sorry so long

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Damn Aaron. Sounds like a handfull.... Glad you got it fixed. It always comes down to those damn little pieces.
And I noticed that paint looked rather deep and sexy.:jump:

Just changed my front wheel bearings tonight (just before rain). Had them pressed in by a shop and installed both sides in 30min. Pretty easy once the bearings are installed.
Also drilled front rotors. HEEE!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone have a preference between zombie and Jayb chips... I've done the search and found that there are people on both sides of the fence.... I have a couple of lines on jayb chips and of course can order the zombie... Just trying to get the best chip for overall daily driving performance with little sacrifice in reliability and drivability, while still offering flexibility to upgrade boost with better fuel maps for better power... I am planning to use the stock turbo for a while, with future plans on a bigger turbo. Basically I want more than removing the fuel cut.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The funny part about this car is that I have never liked blue cars... and to throw in a solid blue interior...god thats alot of blue, but I love this car, especially the color. It's grown on me to the piont that when I decided to get it repainted, there was no question about the color... 5A, the only way to fly

1 - 20 of 23 Posts