Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
I've debated painting my center taillight white many times. I like how yours looks, I may finally do it now.

Though, I'd make the reverse lights square. Yours has a weird triangle thing going on with the reverse lights.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
WOW!!!!!! Your car looks great.

I think the tails look pretty good. Those wheels look great too

So..............GIVE ME THOSE HEADLIGHTS!!!!!!!!:p

I need them, its like one of the last things im going to do on my car apperence wise. Well not really;)

Love it!!!!!

G

·
What type of paint did you use? Regular car paint, or some special paint designed for plastic?

How did you prep the center section?

How many coats?

Did you color match off the VIN code, or did you bring your gas filler door to the paint place?

Did you use an air compressor, or did you have the paintshop put the paint in aresol cans?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for the molding i sanded them a bit, and painted them with a color match from the vehicle(computer camera for automotive paints), the rear center piece i just scuffed a bit with steel wool and repainted with the same paint as for the moldings, however the paint is a bit brighter than the rest of the car, probably due to the age of the original paint, but from a distane it looks really good. just a couple of coats to cover the existing colors, and it was done by spray bomb.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Damn it, Links not working for me. You get me all excited with talk about tail lights & headlight mods, and nothing...... TEASE.

HELP.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You got it lookin' good there, man I had the same thing about painting my rear center section white too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts