Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first race also. 94 or '95 4-banger probe [god good a guy driving a purple car]. nothing to big, but i put him in his place. not but 3 seconds after i stopped completely the light turned green. i didnt get a good launch. he got the whole-shot and i was still even with him through first, then pulled on him bigtime in second. i was paraniod :) but he killed it before i did. woohoo.

SolarSlash

G

·
0 Posts
decent kill for racing an american car with a foreign engine. you do now the probes have mazda engines right?

G

·
0 Posts
Nice kill....BTW LEAVE THOSE PURPLE CARS ALONE....MY LAST CAR WAS A PGT AND IT WAS DARK PURPLE....I LOVED IT!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep....

sure do know that they have the KL03 engine in them. and we have the KL08. god i hope i got that right :)

SolarSlash

G

·
0 Posts
Remsmx6- What do you mean,"an american car with a foreign engine."? Both the mx6 and ford probe are built on the same chassis. They were both built in Michigan in the same factory. They are both just as foreign and just as american as each other. Well, except for the probe's with the ford 3.0 v6, they are a little more american than the rest. The only diference between a probe and mx6 with the same engine is the driver.

·
Registered
806 Posts
To clear up the engine mystery of the mx-6 and Probe, they have the same engines. The Probe GT has the KL03, just like the LS or other 2nd gen MX-6's. The four bangers have the same engine too. The first gen's were also the same also, 2.2L turbo and so on. I have never heard of a 3.0L Probe, in fact I think the guys at probetalk got a laugh out of a "car guy" at an advance auto parts or some other place bragging about his special edition 3.0L Probe. It doesn't exist! So if you need parts for your engine and don't have a Mazda dealer around for valve cover gaskets for example, just get the Ford parts for the same year Probe with the same engine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
xeon said:
I have never heard of a 3.0L Probe, in fact I think the guys at probetalk got a laugh out of a "car guy" at an advance auto parts or some other place bragging about his special edition 3.0L Probe. It doesn't exist!
Wrong! The first gen Probe from '90 to '91 had a 3.0L V6 that was deprived from the same year Taurus. Go to car point:

http://carpoint.msn.com/Vip/Engines/Ford/Probe/1991.asp

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ooops....

hehe, KL03, i feel stupid now. :)

SolarSlash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts