Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i finally have pics of my six.. its always underconstruction and waiting for suggestions.

i also realize that i suck at using cameras... and currently dont have one so more recent pics are taken off phones... sry bout that.

someof the pics are older when it was not lowerred..
yes its an auto ... maybe one day it will be changed...

commments on cheap handling options.
and cheap engine options.

finally lowered

finally lowered

·
Registered
320 Posts
not a fan of the smoked lights and blacked out badge.
I'm not into systems but looks like it's pumpin', whatever you like!
I say put the rx8 wheels on it while dropped and keep it clean/stock looking, especially since you have such nice paint.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Wow, your car looks alot like mine but mine is way cooler :p j/k Nice car man. Keep that paint in good shape. I have to get a respray because of the last owners neglect.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx guys...

the dash is annoying now... im redoing it ... trying to find a good color... i dont have pics but im redoing the interior in brown diamond suade.. the headliner is done.. along with one of the rear panels... the rest of the panels are not done but will be... i dont have very much time these days... so it might be waiting til the spring... but i also and building custom door grills and rear grills for my new speakers which dont fit under the stock grills... but ya .. i need to find a color to go with all the suade and redo that dash.. teh problem with the white is that if by chance you drop something on it and scratch it... this is not easy but it does happen... then its rly easy to see the the black underneith ... since it contrasts so much.

the exterior will pretty much remain stock.. i dont plan on a kit since i drive in the winter...

the rx8 rims will be put back on in the spring with some lower profile tires ( going to 225/ 35 instead of 225/45) so it should be looking clen liek that... they will also be powerder coated blk..

the pictures do not do the light tint justice it acually blends really well with teh color of the car , and that is why the emblems and all the lights (not side markers yet) have been done in blk... the headlights are still really clear undr the tint so it looks rly neat.. basically as i said the pics dont do teh light justice.

as for the paint... it is in pretty good condition... the past owner clearly had a stupid wife as along i think passenger side there are quite a few dings from when wives open doors int other cars... those should be fixed eventually... as well as a paint *tune up*... meaning maybe a clear coat and some scratches being fixed...

as for the comment on the system... the reason i got that is cuz im not o into performance ... two reasons,,,, 1. its atx. :(.. maybe one day mtx 2. already had license suspended and dont need the car to go any fatser hahaha... but ya . maybe one day itll get osme performance put into it...the car only has 145000 so its still rly good undert he hood so i dont rly wanna touch it until something bad happens haha *knock on wood*

but thx for teh comments guys appreciate them... ill be posting new pics in the spring when the wheels get put back on and a couple other random things.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right now the stockers r on ... got my winters put on since my rx tires are shizzle.. but ya as noted ^ the white will; be gone ... sooner rather then later

i may if i have time just toss my rx8 wheel s on this weekend to take a pic HAHA

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
ur stockers are so clean in the 1st and 3rd pic! love the color of the car.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ur stockers are so clean in the 1st and 3rd pic! love the color of the car.

thats a pretty funny comment... that was the day i painted my calipers and stocker wheel .. prob back in like last sep when i first got the car,

in reallity they look clean but were really all just the same color.. they r and always were rly chipped and oxidized... lol good spot tho.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
paint your interior the same color as your car, be sick!

its too light of a color to do that.. it would be similar to the white and it would look bad wth the dark brown.

im thinking it will be a blk with a dark brown hue to it.. or somethin like that.

as for you chefspot i was gunna paint her blk again but then i realized that the vinyl on the door panels was getting rough and peeling so i decided to pull that then i found some sick brown suade so im putting that and now the rest of the interior gotta match.. lol .. but i have not decided so we will see what color she end s up..

btw if anyone every considers recovering their headliner i highly recomend it.. its easy and it makes the interior feel so much more luxurious.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
btw if anyone every considers recovering their headliner i highly recomend it.. its easy and it makes the interior feel so much more luxurious.

I really want to in black suede but I havn't worked up the courage to tackle that project being as I know nothing about how to do it lol and now its starting to get cold out :(

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its actually ridiculously easy...
first pull teh headliner.. and the liner on the sunroof. both just held on by push clips be gentle and you should have a prob ( o and these little clips around the sunroof opening.

then pull gently and its off. the sunroof one is u just pulling..

then grab your cloth and some spray adhesive. i used 3m.

spray the headliner and the cloth not to heavy or itll seep through.. stick the two together and trim. simple as that. just make sure you get glue everywhere and nothing will fall off.

its literally taht simple. the door panels are not.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Slam it, go with some tokico hp shocks and dropzones. Get rid of the white, it does no justice to the car (stock color)... nice exterior, love that color on the sixes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya the door panel inserts... they dont seem like the easiest thing to do ... i am doing mine as weelll

and antrax i cant slam it cuz i drive in the winter... plus i cant afford new strut and sporings. i just picked up blues with eibachs from mazda parter for a rly good price...

and i just took a pic of it with them today

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Muuuuuuch better than before :tup:

That's about the same height of clearance my 17s have. When I slip the stock 14s on though, it looks mad slammed

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha o well man ...try some diff springs if itsnot low enoughfor u... i think itloofine man ... looks clean

1 - 20 of 47 Posts