Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished and have taken the car around for a test drive, I am very happy with the results. I think this is one of the best bang for the buck mods.

I dont feel anymore power, but I can def feel smoother revving throughout the range, and better throttle responce. every body should get one.

I payed a bit too much for mine about $45 but I had to have it and couldnt wait for internet shipping.

The mounting was the hardest part, I got a generic coil bracket that I found at my mechanics it wasnt like the one on the NA where the mounting bolts are facing up, on mine the bolt was facing the passenger side. Luckily there was a little bolt in just the right spot on the strut tower. I managed to lose each of the nuts from the blaster coil in the engine bay but found them after a bit. Good thing too because I had already cut the old connector so putting the stock unit back on would have been a pain. I also started at the wrong time, I think I started around 5 and the sun went down 15 minutes later. Since I was an idiot and was doing it on the street and not the garage I had to get a 100 ft extention cord and a lamp to find the nuts,

I think I got a little bit better mpg too.

G

·
I used a universal coil bracket I got for $2.99 and mounted it off two nuts on the strut tower. It was just a funny chance they lined up perfectly :), maybe thats where the cylinder shaped coils from the 88-89 DX and LX motors go, not sure, I've never looked.

G

·
SixSick6 said:
the Fram fuel filter is G-7393, ditch your stock filter and add the Fram, The Fram will float inline with your fuel line and you can use the stock fuel filter bracket as your Blaster2 bracket:tup:
Obviously, you read performanceprobe.com.

My setup is better, because I have both in brackets...It doesn't look ghetto :D

Hmm, maybe I'll polish up my fuel filter and stick a MSD decal on my car...Should be good for about 5 hp right?

·
Registered
897 Posts
OMG it must be Christmas...Sixsick is recommending something other than original equipment.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I put my blaster II in the fuel filter location. I don't think it is better or worse than anything else, it just works :shrug:

However, after a few months I started to realize the coil does nothing so I pulled it out and now I use the stock one again. If you guys are actually noticing something from using one, more power to ya. I didn't though so thats why I no longer have it.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what the deal your fuel filter just hangs there? is that safe?

I went ahead and got the stock coil braket out of a non gt at the junkyard because i didnt like how close the coil was to some wires and the strut tower, my little black box called igniter is still hanging though but i dont think that is a big deal.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
did anyone figure out what do do with the igniter box? its just hanging for right now. I dont think there is anyway to attach it to the new (old) bracket I put in. since the ones that came with a coil stock didnt have the little igniter thingy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts