Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put in a K&N FIPK on my 94 Mazda MX-6. It was running fine before, but now it idles roughat stopsigns and the engine light comes on when it is slowing down. I unplugged the negative lead on the battery for 15 min. to reset the computer, but I don't know if there is anything else I have to do.
I have also checked all the vaccum hoses and they are all fine.

I am getting very frustrated and would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
well then engine light comes on maybe cause of your 02 sensors, if u removed the MAS sensor while putting on the k and n system u may of foule dup your spark plugs and idle check your spark plugs take them out and see if the tips r burnt (black)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spark plugs and wires are all brand new and are all fine. I checked them this mourning. I am hoping that this is not a problem with the Mass Air Sensor and I just need to reset the computer somehow...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
4-banger or V6?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a 6cly. I really need some ideas because it will die at stoplights from time to time.

It idle's fine when I first start it up.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
What did you do with the little vacuum line that connects to the back of the stock airbox?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hooked it to the new air filter in the hole that was provided... Is there a better way to hook it up???

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
No, that's fine. As long as you didn't block it.

Next, make sure the VAF (airflow sensor) wiring is properly plugged in. Make sure your FIPK isn't hindering the movement of the center cone of the VAF sensor (i.e. holding it open slightly...)

Check that the big breather tube on the back of the throttle body elbow is properly connected.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike,
Thanks for your help. I figured it out last night. For some reason the hole that was provided wasn't giving a proper seal. I did a little work to stop the leaking of air and everything worked better. It is running and idling fine now.

Again thanks for your help..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts