Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and i have proof of my NA RX7 getting sideways.......well almost sideways haha :p

the others aren't loaded yet and the full downloadable pics are like $25 a pop so i might wait on those for a bit. It was a blasty blast and i can't wait to get out there again. maybe if i even have enough money to finish the 6 i can take it out there and grip the track ;)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Harris Hill Road in San Marcos right off of 35 and Yarrinton rd, you probably want to look into the events they have there because otherwise you have to have a membership there and it gets pretty expensive

heres a rendering of the course:

When we had the event (held by sanantoniodrift.com) it ended up being $150 per person with free spectating and ride alongs. IF alex decides to try and bring more people in by throwing in the grip guys and getting a full day reserved ill let you know. and that pic was at the bottom of the downhill section, scarriest and funnest thing ive ever done in a car since its basically a blind turn until you start heading down hill

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like a fun track! Do you happen to have one of the RX7`s that came with limited slip? I believe these are the ones with factory LSD.

86-88 GXL
87-91 T2
88 GTU

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, vlsd in this one since its a 91. im going to try and find a spare one to weld though since that vlsd doesn't like to lock up that much. yea it was a blast, but now i realize what needs to be fixed for next time out. it was mostly a 3rd gear course for me and it was really hard since i lack the power of the SR20 powered cars that were out there and to top it off im having a problem reving past 6500 which i am starting to realize is probably a fuel issue i need to sort out. plus i need to work on the suspension set up because the car wanted to plow right through most of the turns and i acctually pushed right off the track once because of it and spun out another time

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
What about alignments? I am trying to look for a decent place to get a custom alignment dialed in.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't know about alignments, i do know that its something i need to look into as well though. my rears have decent negative camber, but my fronts need some too. its probably one of the many reasons my car was pushing at higher speeds.
i can't wait til next month, we should be having another event then. i just don't know who all is going to be invited to this next one. this first one at that track was more or less a trial to see how things went so maybe nextime we will have more people drifting out there and possibly even some people autocrossing on that track.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Rotary Power!!!! :tup:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about alignments? I am trying to look for a decent place to get a custom alignment dialed in.
hey, a friend of ours is getting his car aligned at a brake check off of potranco and 1604, you might try calling them about custom alignments

here are more of the pics from that day:
View Gallery

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

a few more pics from the parade lap before we all started, still don't have any more from the photographer at the event....im pissed too because he acctually had one of the car sliding but he didn't put it up. yarrrrrrrrrr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts