Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I was getting ready to order the parts for my first mods - a PRD STS and a PRD rear strut tower bar.

Before I order- I wanted to see if this seemed like a good place to start with the mods, and second if PRD was the right brand to go with for those two mods. I've read through the previous posts, but sometimes I'm overwhelmed with information!

Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
mods

Well, the good thing about the two mods you are considering is that they are a relatively affordable place to start. If you are into spirited driving and are more concerned about the overall way the car feels, these two mods are a fairly good place to start. The PRD shifter is by all accounts high quality, and adds a lot of fun to the driving experience. Just make sure you bend the heat shield on the cat down when you have it installed or it will bang against it when you shift. The rear strut tower brace is again inexpensive and relatively easy to install. Our cars handle very well to begin with, but as with most front drive cars, you get some understeer in hard cornering. The rear stb will help that a bit and get the rear involved in cornering. If you add some springs later on, you will be cornering like you are on rails....

That said, most people start with intake and exhaust as their firs performance mods, since these will continue to benefit from most other power adding mods later. I would definitely recommend the shifter, but you might consider applying the rear stb money to an intake or exhaust first. have fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts