Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
very nice craftsmenship, and with a hacksaw?? good on ya. did you use anything else to grind down those corners??
All in all, excellent work and nice pics. Makes me wanna go out in the back and make one myself...

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
nice adapter id like one of those, im looking at a couple used vf34 localy 250-350 for a couple of them. how much dose it usualy cost to have a shop laser cut them and is steel the best matirial to use for adapter like this???
I am just using half inch mild steel plate...how much good question, my local shop would charge me in the vicinity of $40 for a one off like that...but theyre really busy and I usually save up all the bits and pieces and hand them all over at the same time if theyre all using the same material, on a whenever there are no other jobs on basis...an they charge me about $100 do a whole heap of stuff....it even varies suburb to suburb here you can see up to 100% variation in price, so just give your local shop a call and ask.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
looking good chief -

loving mine w/ the ms-extra2. i'll get some plot's up soon so you can see where i'm @
Yeah that'd be interesting to see....I am running woo's atm, i dont know how what issues I will face with the mixtures.....I considering MS, but there is a big backlog of projects now...so the MS waits until the current stuff is off the list, which will keep me busy at least 6 months.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Yeah that'd be interesting to see....I am running woo's atm, i dont know how what issues I will face with the mixtures.....I considering MS, but there is a big backlog of projects now...so the MS waits until the current stuff is off the list, which will keep me busy at least 6 months.
Just a heads up with Woo's and big(ger) turbos. The fuel map dumps heaps of fuel in around the 2700-3000 mark. I would suggest that you get the setup complete, and spend some time on the dyno. The AFM 'hack' can be used to lean out the mid range a tad. I would also suggest running a rising rate fuel reg to keep the top end fueled.

If/When you go to MS, you can retain the rising rate to set your base fuel rail pressure if you happen to put larger injectors in.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just a heads up with Woo's and big(ger) turbos. The fuel map dumps heaps of fuel in around the 2700-3000 mark. I would suggest that you get the setup complete, and spend some time on the dyno. The AFM 'hack' can be used to lean out the mid range a tad. I would also suggest running a rising rate fuel reg to keep the top end fueled.

If/When you go to MS, you can retain the rising rate to set your base fuel rail pressure if you happen to put larger injectors in.
Thanks for the heads up there....I read woo's fact sheet, and it mentions that the fuel maps are only for the stock turbo....so I kinda thought there may be issues with different flow maps....
Sounds like a trick I used on my GC...making a small amount of air bypass the AFM to lean out the mid range and rising rate reg to top up the top end....
When I was racing a mate and finally got in front he complained about choking on the black smoke as I shifted into 3rd! so I figured its rich there...
Its been something I have always wanted to fix, as such rich AFRs are just not necessary...they might have been when the car was new thanks to 91 RON fuel....but there should be no reason to run below 11.5 considering I am being conservative with my power target....The MS will come...until then i'll look at the tricks....the next step is to get it running and down to the dyno on stock boost with the new turbo...but that has to wait until I fix all the broken shit

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The project came to a halt while I had to replace my clutch and the RH driveshaft....damn fool who owned the car previously didnt put thread sealer on the flywheel bolts, so oil got onto the clutch disc and fucked it.

Now I have a fidanza flywheel and exedy sports oganic clutch...so its not all bad.

I am going to have a crack at finishing this off in early may, I have enough time up my sleeve. The other part of the problem has been working out what do about the downpipe.

I am probably going to weld something up myself, we will see how that turns out!

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I bought it brand new for $700USD....

21 - 35 of 35 Posts