Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or the torque specs and bolt torquing/releasing order of the cyl head. Need to take that off and take it to the shop for granding and new seals.

Karma ready.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
step 1......13 to 16
step 2......Tighten an additional 90 degrees
step 3......Tigthen an additional 90 degrees
heres the "step by step" edited by me

relieve fuel pressure
disconnect neg cable
drain all fluids
remove a bunch of stuff (in/ex mani, valve cover, timing belt covers, power steering pump, brackets, crank angle sensor and distributor, power steering pump, yadiyada you can figure this out)

loosen head bolts in 1/4 turn increments in the REVERSE order as below..

cyl head bolt TIGHTENING sequence (looking at the head, with the cam gears to the left)

10 - 6 - 2 - 3 - 7
9 - 5 - 1 - 4 - 8

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have the tq. specs for each bolt?? on the mx6 it was like 90lbs or something, but Im not sure if they are the same on this engine.

karma given btw.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
those are the numbers i gave at the beginning. haynes specifies 13-16 ft #'s for step one, then 90 degree turns all the way around.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
lol, don't know if you want to do 90 lbs..... that's a lot. lugnuts are like 75 lbs, and that's quite a bit

do you have the tq. specs for each bolt?? on the mx6 it was like 90lbs or something, but Im not sure if they are the same on this engine.

karma given btw.

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the engine studs on the f2t are a whole lot stronger than the ones on the kl. Remember we are boosted. But to be honest, I was just shooting a number there for the sake of teh conversation. I cant really remember the tq specs of teh six.

13-16# for the engine studs??? sounds to soft dude. But thnx.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
the engine studs on the f2t are a whole lot stronger than the ones on the kl. Remember we are boosted.
well, you are in the 2g section, so the specs i gave you are definitely NOT for an f2t. they are for the fs-de.

13-16# for the engine studs??? sounds to soft dude. But thnx.
thats directly out of the haynes manual.

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks a lot King. And CF-Z, no need for the tone, I believe what you told me. I was saying that it sounded fairly weak for tq specs. And check your karma btw.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i have a gregorys manual i used when i did my cyl head and these are the torque specs you will need to know-
-cylinder head bolts 86nm
-rocker cover bolts 8nm
-manifold nuts and bolts
-inlet 30nm
-exhaust 28Nm
-camshaft spocket bolt 65Nm
-crankshaft spocket bolt 167Nm
-timing belt cover bolts 10nm
-camshaft drive belt tensioner and idler pully bolts 52nm
-crankshaft pully bolts 17nm

if you need any more specs just ask

1 - 10 of 10 Posts